2nd Trimester

Girl or Boy?

Blurry picture.15 week ultrasound. 
What do you ladies think?
Girl? Boy?
Thanks.

Answers

• Wasn't a gender reveal ultrasound, and this happen to be just a shot of the legs, but I thought it revealed more than just the legs, so I thought I'd ask, to get some opinions. We will see in a couple of weeks, so thanks ladies for the reply. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I either see testicles or a swollen labia. There, does that help?

• Thanks ladies. I know it may be too early, but I was more curious than anything to see what you all thought. I def. see more than just legs, that is all. I do appreciate the comments. Thanks again. 
  • BABY LEGS!  I WIN! 
  • Hi Op. Be careful with what you think you "see". Without turning on the blood flow view it's hard to tell if that's "something" or umbilical chord. I'm also 15 weeks, went for a gender reveal scan today, and it was a 20 min session. Baby wouldn't uncross legs! We had to come back.. And for the whole next 20 min session, everything the tech thought she was seeing ended up being chord. Finally we saw the little girl parts after 40 mins... It's hard to say without seeing the blood flow blue/red view.
    Team Pink!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • What was the ultrasound for?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• That's def a baby. Congrats!

• 1st ultrasound, so it would have been the confirmation ultrasound. And I am not expecting a definite answer, but was just more curious what other ladies thought. 

• 1st ultrasound, so it would have been the confirmation ultrasound. And I am not expecting a definite answer, but was just more curious what other ladies thought. 

An u/s at 15 weeks is not standard in any practice I've ever heard of. 
    A dating ultrasound is often the first u/s, done between 6-10 weeks...this may also be known as a confirmation ultrasound.  Without that, the first u/s would typically be the NT scan at 12-14 weeks OR the anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks.

Same. This is an odd post. At 15 weeks is well past the "confirmation"
    Stage.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Cat&SCat&S member
    Really have no idea, but that shot looks nothing like my u/s pics which show girl. So I say boy.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Id say a little Girly :)
  • ScubaMommaScubaMomma member
    edited May 2014
    I find the chinese gender predictor is pretty accurate.  I also go based on my pregnancy symptoms.
    I am only 12 weeks but certain it's a girl this time.  :)
  • wildflower75wildflower75 member
    edited May 2014
    I'm not going to comment on the sex because I'm not an ultrasound tech but... didn't they give you any better pics than that? I went at 12 weeks and got a clear profile of my baby's face and body... Was this done at the doctor's office or an imaging center?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Well, that's okay if you feel it's "scary" I am not seeking anyone's approval. I am going on my gut feeling.  This pregnancy is completely opposite compared to my first.  With my son my skin was flawless, hair was thick and shiny, no nausea at all.  
    Now I am nauseous everyday, hair is falling out like crazy, skin is dull and have been breaking out for months now. 
    Also, my sister has 12 children, according to the Chinese Gender predictor each child's prediction was accurate.  
    I am not saying these are the best and only ways to predict, I am speaking for myself.
    I do believe, without a doubt that I am having a girl.

• portentosaportentosa member
    edited May 2014
    @ScubaMomma‌ I was as sick as a dog all the way into my third trimester during my first pregnancy. I also craved a bunch of 'girl foods'...but I had a boy. I'm less sick this time around with my girl...but that could have something to do with me being more prepared with zofran on hand for when needed this time.

I'm not even going to touch the ridiculousness of putting even an ounce of stock in the Chinese Sex Predictor Charts.

Good luck to you though. You've got a 50/50 chance of being right.
  • Well, that's okay if you feel it's "scary" I am not seeking anyone's approval. I am going on my gut feeling.  This pregnancy is completely opposite compared to my first.  With my son my skin was flawless, hair was thick and shiny, no nausea at all.  
    Now I am nauseous everyday, hair is falling out like crazy, skin is dull and have been breaking out for months now. 
    Also, my sister has 12 children, according to the Chinese Gender predictor each child's prediction was accurate.  
    I am not saying these are the best and only ways to predict, I am speaking for myself.

My feeling for this baby was girl. This pregnancy is completely different than my first. All the old wives tales say girl as does the Chinese gender predictor. Guess what? I'm having another boy. Symptoms and old wives tales mean nothing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

That's cool. :))

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Meery82Meery82 member

Well, that's okay if you feel it's "scary" I am not seeking anyone's approval. I am going on my gut feeling.  This pregnancy is completely opposite compared to my first.  With my son my skin was flawless, hair was thick and shiny, no nausea at all.  

My gut told me girl also. I have a son. Oh, and the Chinese gender chart also said girl. So..... no.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I find the chinese gender predictor is pretty accurate.  I also go based on my pregnancy symptoms.
    I am only 12 weeks but certain it's a girl this time.  :)

No.
    Anniversary 
  • ScubaMommaScubaMomma member
    edited May 2014
    Nicb13 said:
    Meery82 said:
    Well, that's okay if you feel it's "scary" I am not seeking anyone's approval. I am going on my gut feeling.  This pregnancy is completely opposite compared to my first.  With my son my skin was flawless, hair was thick and shiny, no nausea at all.  

My gut told me girl also. I have a son. Oh, and the Chinese gender chart also said girl. So..... no.
    Well, didn't you at least piss in a cup of bleach to find out what you were having? That is NEVER wrong!
    Wow, @Nicb13  you've made your point.  
    Condescend much?
  • Meery82Meery82 member
    Nicb13 said:

Meery82 said:

Well, didn't you at least piss in a cup of bleach to find out what you were having? That is NEVER wrong!

DAMNIT!!!!! Next time!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Nicb13 said:

Meery82 said:

Wow, @Nicb13  you've made your point.  
    Condescend much?
    You sound like fun. :|

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• I'd say girl just guessing after looking at other people's ultrasound pictures this week. I asked my tech at the NT scan (13 weeks) if she had a guess of the gender, she said no but usually by 15 weeks they can tell. So it's fun just guessing, of course you're going to wait for the scan that's 18-20 weeks to confirm for sure but I understand you're curious what others think. I'm so anxious to find out myself!
  • I'm guessing girl. But that's totally just a guess. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"