October 2012 Moms

Daycare lunch ideas

Need help. My daughter is somewhat picky and I'm running out of options. What are your daycare lunches consisting of?

Re: Daycare lunch ideas

• Also running out of ideas!

Baked chicken.
    Side of Chickpeas/Kidney beans
    Rice and beans
    Tonight I had some left over brown rice and some left over rotisserie chicken. Put the rice in chicken broth with the chicken, some slice carrots, and canned diced tomatoes and let it boil down until it wasn't liquidy and the carrots were soft. I think it's her fave daycare meal.
    Chicken Alfredo w broccoli
    Ground beef w corn, or beans, or a side veggie
    Salads (mostly tomatoes, some lettuce, cheese, and turkey, chicken, or ground beef and a little bit of Italian dressing.)

• We would send leftovers from dinner before daycare started providing lunches. Quesadillas are always a quick and easy hit. Tortilla with mashed black beans and cheese, deli meat and cheese or shredded chicken and cheese, microwave for a minute and slice.

View Full Size Image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • CP0979CP0979 member
    Yea they won't heat up so have to heat up in morning and put in thermos. That's part of the problem, everything seems like it will be gross by then...
  • nealblnealbl member
    Grilled cheese with sweet potato purée.
    Chicken quesadilla with a kale pure mixed in with chicken and taco seasoning
    I don't pack lunches ever but those two seem easy and my kids love them
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"