2nd Trimester
Options

A sprinkle for 2nd baby?

Are any of you second or more time mom as having a sprinkle? I love the idea of it especially because this baby is a different sex. And just to celebrate a new life coming into the world.
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 IAmPregnant Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 BabyFetus Ticker}

Re: A sprinkle for 2nd baby?

• Options
    rlyttlerlyttle member
    My aunts are throwing me one. I feel a little weird about it since I had a shower for DS, but they insist. My grandma, their mom, just passed away so they are happy to celebrate a new baby. Plus our family hasn't had a new baby since DS and there hasn't been a girl in about 7 years, so they are eager to buy pink!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mb314mb314 member
    DS is only 20 months so we still have everything and I don't really need anything (even if this is a girl I have hand me downs promised to me). I don't judge sprinkles, but with my kids close in age and with our families out of town, I am sure no one will throw me one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yeah I doubt anyone will offer to throw me one too. I never thought I would have a girl and love the idea of opening all the frilly cute girl things. But let's be real it's not like I won't have fun buying them myself :)
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 IAmPregnant Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 BabyFetus Ticker}
  • Options
    STM and this baby is a different sex than #1. Not having another shower, and the only sprinkle I'm having is the colorful kind that come on the chocolate glazed doughnuts I love. :D
    Thanks a lot MrsLaLaBug.  Now all I can think about at work is how much I want a doughnut... :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker

"I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it."
    - Mae West
  • Options
    lamcoxlamcox member
    if someone offers, I will probably have one....I like the sip-n-see idea too!

• Options
    If someone offers but normally no
    This.  My girlfriend was adamant.  It will be small.  There will be cake for me and booze for everyone else.  
  • Options
    My mother is insisting. I did not want one, but she wants to celebrate the baby. I really don't think it's a huge deal since it's just my family coming. I think everyone's situation is different. I'm having my second girl, and don't need a ton. So it will be all small things like diapers and clothes and things like that.

BabyFetus Ticker

Married to my love on 06-02-2007

Mikah Lucille born 03-02-2011

Baby Girl Zooey due October 2014

• Options
    Yes, I've had 3 different people offer to host one and I'm only 14 weeks so we don't even know if the sex is different. My friends/family love to celebrate a new baby and gawk over all the cute stuff. Not to mention it's just a reason to get everyone together!
  • Options
    SteflewSteflew member
    I say yes I'm having a girl. This is my second baby I already have a son. All of my friends insisted and I think it's great to celebrate the baby. Thou this sprinkle won't be as big as my first shower.
  • Options
    I am having another shower. The sprinkle term is not used around here, at least I've never heard it. My daughter is 7 and we suffered from secondary IF. We did get rid of a lot of her stuff or it is outdated. Plus I'm having a boy. I didn't think I would have one but my mom talked to my aunts about it and everybody is all for it. I didn't want to be gift grabby and didn't really want to register but since a few aunts and cousins want to go together on a bigger gift and were asking what I liked so I put together a small registry. 

I also think we do things a lot less fancy than others on this board. My first shower was just family and a few friends and this one will be too. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• Options
    I'm not planning on it. I would prefer not to.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We had a very small one for my daughter when she was born and I didn't really plan on having another but Hubby's side of the family is insisting on throwing one anyways. Its a good way to get the family's together at least.
  • Options
    Plus you can always use diapers
  • Options
    Joy2611 said:

Argh, mobile bumping woes. I put a smiley face, @PrimRoseMama‌.

@Joy2611‌ : :x :\">

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    Some of the responses in this thread made my nausea a bit worse.  Though, I must admit, it was much tamer than I expected it to be when I read the subject.
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
    Plus you can always use diapers
    No.  Even though my friend is doing something for me Im not expecting anything from anyone.  There is no public registry, just a few things I have sitting in my "cart" in my Amazon account.  I've been buying stuff when I get that "the price has decreased" notification.  I got a ton of stuff off CL and plan on getting everything else before my free Prime/Amazon mom trial is up so I can take advantage of the 2 day shipping and the completion coupon.   
  • Options
    I had a sprinkle for my 2nd baby. We had all the big items, so just registered for smaller things that we needed replaced. People still wanted to celebrate baby and I didn't mind ;) With this one, we didn't have printed invitations, and it wasn't as formal. If someone offers to host, then I say go for it!
  • Options
    Nope, we had a little celebration when we found out what we were having.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I never even had a shower with my daughter 10 years ago. My friend asked to throw me one this time around but I declined. We just got married a year ago and I feel guilty having a party where guests feel obligated to bring gifts when we already received so much at our wedding.

I don't know why but every time I think of baby showers I think of this one Sex and the City episode where Carry has her shoes stolen at a baby shower. She points out that she's spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on her friend's weddings and babies. She says shouldn't have to keep paying for her friends life choices. I kind of agree, I am the one choosing to get married an pop out babies. I don't want to appear gift grabby and make my friends pay for my life choices. I think more than one shower isn't appropriate. I think having a get together to celebrate the 2nd time around is great but I personally would not create a registry and would make it clear I don't expect gifts. That being said it's just my personal opinion and everyone's situation is different :)
  • Options
    Meery82Meery82 member
    Nicb13 said:
    @meery82 love the new pic of your little guy! So cute :)
    Thanks! DH took that yesterday after telling him to make a mean face. LOL.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My DD and.this baby will be almost six years apart and I have family asking me about a baby shower. I've just told them all no thanks. Baby showers are so awkward anyways...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    NLJ82NLJ82 member
    No.  Showers are for first time moms, to welcome you to motherhood.  Once you are already a mother, you do not need re-welcoming.  

Also, are saying that your baby only deserves to be celebrated because it's a different sex than your first? I mean, if it's about celebrating the baby (which it's really not because, you know, the baby isn't even there yet), but if you say it 's about celebrating the "new life" is it any less worth celebrating if it's the same sex as your first?  I just don't get that.  At all.
    Nope. Nope. Nope.

• Options
    Meery82Meery82 member
    NLJ82 said:
    No.  Showers are for first time moms, to welcome you to motherhood.  Once you are already a mother, you do not need re-welcoming.  

Also, are saying that your baby only deserves to be celebrated because it's a different sex than your first? I mean, if it's about celebrating the baby (which it's really not because, you know, the baby isn't even there yet), but if you say it 's about celebrating the "new life" is it any less worth celebrating if it's the same sex as your first?  I just don't get that.  At all.
    Nope. Nope. Nope.
    Dude, no. You're wrong. Walk away.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mrs190mrs190 member
    I am having a full baby shower. I have a 10 year old daughter from a previous marriage. Let them of they are offering. ;)
  • Options
    um no every baby deserves a baby shower!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    um no every baby deserves a baby shower!
    A shower is a gift to the MTB, not the baby; it's to welcome a mother to motherhood, not welcoming the baby into the world. If the MTB wants to AW her baby she can choose to host a sip & see (an event not predicated on gift giving) once LO arrives.

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.

• Options
    lol these cracks me up! i meant every other mother! and its peoples lives, if they want a second baby shower then so be it. i just never heard a mother shower lol
  • Options
    lol these cracks me up! i meant every other mother! and its peoples lives, if they want a second baby shower then so be it. i just never heard a mother shower lol
    Wow.

imageimage

• Options
    No, I will not be having a sprinkle.  Second showers are tacky in my circle.  Showers are to welcome first-time moms into motherhood.  I am already a mother, it would be silly to be re-welcomed. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"