November 2013 Moms

GTKY: Pick-up lines

Two questions:

1. Worst pick-up line ever used on you. (Or worst way to be asked for a date.)

2. Best pick-up line ever used on you. (Or best way you were asked on a date.)

Re: GTKY: Pick-up lines

• I don't really have an answer to #1 that I can remember exactly. Probably some drunk guy at a bar asking to take me home.

#2 My ex husband picked me up at a gas station lol. His car was broke down outside, I was visiting a friend working at the gas (classy I know) he came in multiple times to buy small things (gum, water) and then finally asked me if he could take me out and get to know me.

• Loading the player...
  • cagoldicagoldi member
    mnlucky13 said:

cagoldi said:

I was at a club in Newport Beach and a guy said, "Hey shorty, I'm tryin' to holler at some bitches."

Thanks a lot. I just woke up the baby because I laughed out loud.

That's exactly what I did. Better than having my ass grabbed though. I don't go out much anymore for obvious reasons, but I swear that used to happen every.single.time.
  • cagoldicagoldi member
    I forgot to answer your second question. I don't really know if I ever heard a good one. When I met DH we started talking politics and about our mutual love for Monty Python. Maybe that counts.
  • The worst: I don't really remember the actual line used, but I was a cashier at Home Depot (working my way through college) and I was closing. One guy going through my line with his buddies was talking about going out and that I was cute so I should go out and he would "show me a good time". I made a big show about using my left hand to do everything and hand him his recipit with my wedding ring in his face. He didn't even notice (or choose to notice), so I politely turned him down.

The best: I don't think I've ever had a good pick up line used on me. And I haven't ever really had a creative date invite. I only dated a couple guys, including DH, and they were all while I was in high school, so going on a date consisted of a guy nervously asking me on a date and it was usually going to a movie or something like that. I've been on some really nice dates, but like I said, never been asked on a date in a memorable way.

Anniversary
  • I worked at kfc when I was 16 and heard just about everything from "Hey baby I'm looking to get me some white meat" to guys in the drive thru window either asking straight out for my number or one guy pulled up and said "hey hunny the guy in the back seat is looking to lose his virginity to someone special" and then wink At me. Eeww

The best one isn't really a pick up line but dh sent me a text 4 days after we met that said "in 2009 the government will be killing of all mentally challenged people. I started crying when I thought of you. Grab your helmet and crayons, run little buddy run! " I was so insulted but it caught my attention so I guess it worked
  • Bad Line - Some older guy tried to pick me up at a bar one night when I was single.  He was SO drunk and made no sense.  And I kept thinking I had met him before, so I was being a bitch to him.  His lines were awful, I finally told him he needed to go sit down and come back in 5 minutes and try again.  I think I intimidated him because he never came back, but kept staring at me.

Good Line - I can't really remember anything that stands out, but I enjoyed my single days, so they must have worked!  
    :D
  • cagoldicagoldi member

cagoldi said:

I was at a club in Newport Beach and a guy said, "Hey shorty, I'm tryin' to holler at some bitches."

Was this Sutra by any chance? Going to that place once was more than enough for me! Haha

Pierce Street Annex.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"