July 2013 Moms

WWJuly13D (suicidal friend concern mentioned)

I have an FB friend. We used to work together & things have been rough for her lately. I don't know what happened the last 24 hours but her statuses have gotten weird. Like, off the wall talk & language like she "doesn't want to be part of this reality" & such.

She moved recently & we are all in chat trying to figure out what to do next. I want to get the police out for a welfare check as soon as we get her address. I'm freaked out because she isn't answering her texts. She's talking all last night about "being done".

I want to go great guns & get police out to see if she's ok. A friend or two is going to drop by after they get off work. I don't have a car today. :(

What would you do?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: WWJuly13D (suicidal friend concern mentioned)

• I had a similar situation a couple years ago. I called his parents.

She doesn't speak to them. :(

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• I would call the parents or the local police. We went through this with my brother over the winter. He texted an ex who thankfully called his current girlfriend who ran to his apartment and got my parents when he did not answer. They took him to the emergency room. I hope your friend is okay.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @ncchnat‌ : that's where I am at. If I can get her address (the new one. I have the old one) then I will go over as soon as H gets back from the auto shop. His car is in the shop today so he's using mine.

However, I'm torn-- even if I had a car, is it appropriate to bring the kids (no one to watch them)? My worry is that if she has harmed herself that it's horrific & if I was the one to go over. I don't want the kids to see that. :(

I could see if a friend is available last minute (if this happens in the future). My compulsion is to load the kids up & go check (if I had my car). Then I stopped to think about what I'm really walking in on.

Sorry, I'm worried & rambling. :(

@casey78‌ : you've got a PM

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Between calling the cops or any other person that could go check is where I would be too.  I wouldnt want to bring my kids with unless I knew for sure it was life or death and right now.  Even then I would be calling the cops.

Hoping for the best for your friend.  
  • Definitely call for a well fare check. Hope your friend is okay and get the help they need!

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Another vote for a welfare check. I hope she is OK. 

• Do I dial 911 for the welfare check? I feel so dumb asking.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Do I dial 911 for the welfare check? I feel so dumb asking.

I would dial the non-emergency line. 

• Ok, 311 it is.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• You can also call 211 - mental health hotline. You can give as much info as you know.
  • You can also call 211 - mental health hotline. You can give as much info as you know.

This is new info. Thank you. Verizon is being a dick. It won't let me dial the 311. I'm trying the 211. WTF Verizon?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Dude omg. 311 won't complete & 211 doesn't offer an automated option. :-??

Short of dialing 911 how do you help someone?! This is fucking aggrevating.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Can you lookup the information for the police department in the town she lives in? They probably have a nonemergency number. Or call 411 and ask for the nonemergency phone number for the police deparment.

• I hope everything is ok. :(
  • That is great you have the police going over. You are a good friend. I hope she is okay. Suicide hits too close to home with me and is very scary.
  • Oh man hope she is ok! You're a good friend to worry and look out for her.
  • Thinking of your friend Prim I'm sorry she's in a bad place. Hopefully she will now see that people do care about her.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm glad you have help on the way to her. I know here we can dispatch an emergency mental health team pretty quickly, but when there's concern of the persons immediate well being, we will call 911 to get someone there right away. Keeping you and your friend in my thoughts .......

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This happened with a guy I'm friends with on FB.  His status went to "I can't do it anymore,  Goodbye, no one can change my mind".  His brother called 911 and the police took him to the local ER .  They got him into a live-in program for a few weeks.  It was scary, still it.

@PrimRoseMama,  You absolutely did the right thing by calling 911.  I hope your friend is getting the help they need.  Keep us updated.  

• atlvolatlvol member
    You definitely did the right thing. I hope your friend is okay.
  • Thinking of you and your friend. I'm hoping to see a positive update (she is ok and getting help). ((((Hugs))))
    After 4.5 years our miracle IVF baby is here!
    Born 7/30/13
  • Do you have any updates? I hope all is ok.
  • I'm sorry, Prim.  I hope that everything is ok with your friend.  I think that calling the police was defintiely the right thing to do.
  • Hope everything is ok. She's lucky to have you as a friend. You did the right thing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • KMRR86KMRR86 member
    Good for you and your friends prim. I went through this a few years ago with a friend as well. It's always better to call authorities etc, than no one at all. Keep us updated, sending good thoughts!
  • I hope your friend is ok! Those situations are so scary.. You definitely did the right thing. I called 911 for my ex-bf because he told me he swallowed 12 sleeping pills. They went to his house and pumped his stomach and he ended up being ok. At the time I didn't know if I believed him or not, but I called anyway and I'm glad I did. It's always better to be safe than sorry.
  • Glad she's ok!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• How scary. You are a good friend, Prim. >:D<
  • You did the right thing, Prim!
  • I'm glad she is ok!
  • I'm relieved that she is okay. You are a great friend. So many people would be concerned but wouldn't know how to act and allow that to stop them from doing anything.

Someone who is angry and abusing substances is absolutely a danger to themselves. You very well may have saved her life. She is lucky to have you.

I'll be thinking of her.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• ljs4117ljs4117 member
    So wonderful that she has friends who care.  WTG Prim.  :)

I hope she can get some help for whatever it is she is going through right now.
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"