December 2014 Moms

Why can't I stop eating bagels????

klbyrnesklbyrnes member
edited May 2014 in December 2014 Moms
I feel like I need to go to BA - Bagels Anonymous! I have had a bagel with cream cheese practically every day (except the weekend) for the last week.  I'm going on vacation tomorrow for a few days and hoping the time away from my local bagel shop will break me of this habit!  I'm eating relatively healthy otherwise, but I can't resist the bagels!!! What's the deal?  Thanks for listening - just needed to vent!  Admitting you have a problem is also the first step toward recovery so here's hoping!
Pregnancy Ticker

It's a Boy!  Can't wait to meet the newest man in my life!  

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Why can't I stop eating bagels????

• I'm going with BECAUSE THEY ARE AWESOME! I have one about daily too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • esr9435esr9435 member
    Bagels were my jam for the first few weeks and I think they were a gateway drug to my newest love...donuts!! I can't stop!! Which is crazy because before this, I couldn't tell you the last time I had one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Um. I think I need a bagel now. 
    Nov 17 BMB May Siggy Challenge: Mother's Day Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've got the bagel addiction too...with jalapeño cream cheese!
  • Carbs. It's all about the carbs. I am a carb-i-vore, so I get it.
    Yes, my carb addiction kicks into overdrive when I'm pregnant. :)

Mom to 4 wonderful children: T(8), B(6) ,M(3), and A(1)
    baby #5 due 12-07-14
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Um. I think I need a bagel now. 
    Sorry I brought you down with me!!  ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• I've got the bagel addiction too...with jalapeño cream cheese!
    I usually go with scallion cream cheese but that sounds amazing!!!  
    Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm so relieved to know I'm in such good company!!! Thanks Lady! :x
    Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• HeorwigHeorwig member
    Yep. Pretty much every day!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• mcr957mcr957 member
    I'm on the bagel a day diet too! 

In loving memory of Baby Hufflepuff and all of D14's Angel Babies

imageimage
  • @Momtone85 that sounds amazing!

• I've had bagels with cream cheese on the brain for a couple weeks. I'm afraid if I get one it will be like an addict relapsing and I won't be able to stop! I'm a small kinda chubby woman, a daily 600 calorie carb bomb habit will blow any chance of appropriate pregnancy weight gain right out of the water.

• We get free bagels in the office on Thurs and Fri.  TOMORROW IS BAGEL DAY!
  • Bagels with peanut butter eeerryyyyy day.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• I've been eating them almost everyday as well.

• Annya26Annya26 member
    I am right there with you! One of the only things I can stomach these days is bagels with cream cheese, so there are an awful lot of them going down lately!  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love bagels when pregnant. I justify it as needing extra calories because I'm having twins. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• MaereMaere member
    Arent bagels a pregnancy food staple? I mean, i just cannot pass one up especially with cream cheese involved.

BabyGaga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• byrne15byrne15 member
    I have had a bagel every morning for the past 8 years.  I see nothing wrong with bagels!

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• So funny! I'm on my way to grab a bagel for lunch. I can't get enough.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • I ate SO many bagels during my first pregnancy. This one I've only had one...and now you are making me want them! I love onion with Chive CC - great for my breath too. ;)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • With my first pregnancy I ate a ton of bagels too. I love bagels with cream cheese.

Tim Hortons has pretzel bagels right now. So good. So addictive.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• They. are. magically. delicious. Like Lucky Charms.

Oh yum, lucky charms. 
    OMG, speaking of Lucky Charms...have you tried their cereal bars?!?! It's like a rice krispie treat but with Lucky Charms instead. I saw them at Target over the weekend, and somehow the box just jumped into my basket, so I HAD to take them home and eat them. SOOOOO good!
  • JCM285JCM285 member
    Omg me too!! I just bought bagels for tomorrow! For me, I think its because they actually make me feel full and when I feel full, I don't feel nauseous. Tomorrow's bagel will be the third I had for breakfast this week :-)
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• MaereMaere member
    They. are. magically. delicious. Like Lucky Charms.

Oh yum, lucky charms. 
    OMG, speaking of Lucky Charms...have you tried their cereal bars?!?! It's like a rice krispie treat but with Lucky Charms instead. I saw them at Target over the weekend, and somehow the box just jumped into my basket, so I HAD to take them home and eat them. SOOOOO good!
    LOL, i picked those up too!! I AM SO ADDICTED. I might make some of my own though, it might be more cost efficiant then box after box..... :p

BabyGaga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• This post made me wish I wanted bagels. I even toasted half of one after reading this post and added strawberry cream cheese. Nope. Husband was very happy, though, when he got to eat it since my body repelled it. Maybe someday soon I can be on the bagel train too.

Someone eat an extra bagel (or two) for me!
     image   image 
  • Kmm1023Kmm1023 member
    Honey pecan cream cheese. Delish!
  • Bagels with chive and onion cream cheese...thinly sliced tomato and crispy bacon. Kill me now!!!
    M born 1/6/09 - A born 12/31/10 - baby BOY RCS 12/2/14 

image   image

• I might have to go to the store to get some GF bagels so that I can join the bagel train.  Seriously disliking you ladies right now.  :)

Test
  • I'm on the bagel train too but anything other than plain gives me terrible heart burn.
  • The hubby and I owned a bagel store in jersey for 10 years, advise on the BEST BAGEL COMBO EVER.... Everything bagel with butter, cream cheese, and strawberry jelly!!! I dare you to try it and tell me you didn't like it! BEST BAGEL EVER!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"