February 2013 Moms
Options

Bleeding

How long does it typically take for your LOs to slow down on bleeding when they cut themselves. DS has had some superficial cuts, but each time it seems to take forever for his blood to clot and slow down. We brought it up with his doctor today and he wants to send him for blood work (anemia/hemophilia). It's not a big deal. I just want to have an idea if any one of you have experienced this issue with your LOs before I subject him to being pinned down for a blood draw. 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Bleeding

• Options
    Gftf7Gftf7 member
    No experience with the bleeding, but wanted to say that the blood draw might not be that bad. LO had that done at a well child exam (maybe the 9 mo one?) to test for iron and lead levels and did really well. Sat calmly in my lap while the tech got the samples (which weren't very big) and watched the whole process with great curiosity. And didn't even pick at the bandaid during the car ride home. I was certain I would find that bandaid in a diaper the next day. Good luck to you and DS!
  • Options
    It depends where the cut is. E got bit by horseflies the other day, right around his ears, and they bled like a mofo! But on his arms, I think it stopped/slowed in a couple of minutes.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I seem to recall that a lot of bleeding happened after vacs when she was really little. Like, her pants would have big blood stains even with the bandaid.  However, at the iron test, it took forever to squeeze out enough blood.  She gets little cuts in the yard, etc. and I've never seen any blood--just scratches and scabs.  So I would say DD is no longer a bleeder although perhaps so LOs take longer.  Seems like a doctor would know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"