September 2013 Moms
Options

Disney with an infant

blond1230blond1230 member
edited May 2014 in September 2013 Moms
We're taking LO to Orlando next week. We have gotten a lot of eye rolls on this because he's young and won't remember it, too little for many rides, blablabla. DH and I love Disney and the trip is more for us to hang out, walk around, alternate going on rides, just be in the happiest place on earth!

We are also planning to go to Sea World- I haven't been there before.

My q to you ladies is, anyone do this sort of trip with an 8 month old? Any advice? Things you wish you knew/packed/left home?

We will be bringing our city mini GT stroller so there's good sunshade and he will be comfy. Also thinking a backpack to use as a diaper bag.

I breastfeed and from what I've read there's places in A/C to nurse. I'm assuming there's changing stations galore.

He's already flown once and did great, but that was when he was a sweet quiet nonmobile 5 month old so I'm just hoping our flight now is chock full of other babies.

Any advice from BTDT moms would be stellar!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Disney with an infant

• Options
    wluxwlux member
    I took LO when she was 3 months. It was a perfect vacation and we went on nearly every ride. If you have anymore detailed questions just PM me.

• Options
    Don't forget any bed time must haves especially like a sound machine if you use it. We used the hotel crib with my own sheets.

When we flew I brought my own car seat for the rental car. I wanted something I knew how to install and I was certain was safe. The down side is the baggage handlers probably threw it all around. There is no charge to check baby gear. Double check your airline to be sure.

Around Disney there are family centers that have A/C for nursing, diaper changing and taking a break. Have you tried wearing LO? You can bring him on some of the rides, like it's a small world and such. Wearing him some could make waiting in the lines easier. You have to park your stroller before you get in line. If you do a backpack and want it with you all the time make sure it can fit at your feet on the rides. I might keep a true diaper bag with the parked stroller and a small bag with money, keys, id's and a small toy all ways with you.

Also ask about the child swap ticket for rides LO won't be going on. If I understand it you both wait in line together and one person rides while the other holds LO, then you pass the baby and the 2nd person rides without standing in the line again.

Also get the free photo card. They take your picture of your whole family all over the park with the best back grounds. If you like them you can buy a cd of all the shots. It was pricey a few years ago but if you have a lot of great shots it might be worth it.

Sorry this got a bit long. Have so much fun on your trip!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    **lurking**

We went to Disney with LO last month; he was 7 months then. We were surprised that we could actually take him on a lot of the rides! Obviously he didn't go on roller coasters or things like that, but we were frequently able to have everyone ride the ride.

The air conditioned infant centers are near the entrance to each park, so not always convenient. I NIP'd a ton during our trip. I tried to find out of the way benches or shaded areas if possible. I nursed him a couple times in the Pinnochio restaurant (a/c) that's across from the Peter Pan ride in Magic Kingdom. Just sat down at a table and fed him.

A hat was the best thing we brought for DS. He would get tired of sitting in the stroller and someone would carry him, so glad we kept his bald head covered.

I kept my wallet on me, but left the diaper bag in the stroller for the most part. We also put a neon green tassel (target gift wrap section) on the handlebar of the stroller so we could pick it out easily in the sea of strollers.

DS was a little squirmy on the flights, but not too bad (our 4 year old was worse!). We had also flown one other time with him back in February.

We really had a great trip. You'll have so much fun!
    TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    elm005elm005 member
    We have been 4 times so far. We live close. The baby care centers are nice but as a pp said, can be inconvenient. We actually just went 2 days ago and I nursed on the people mover, in Mickey's Philharmagic, and on the train. You can almost always find a good place to nurse that is semi private.

If you are taking your own car seat, I suggest plane side checking it. It is a little more inconvenient to lug it through the airport, but there is less opportunity for them to throw it around.

Also , I travel with an inflatable My Brest Friend. It is a lifesaver for me! And a great place for LO to nap while on the plane.
  • Options
    You can take him on any ride without a height requirement, which is actually quite a lot, especially in MK. Take full advantage if the shows/inside rides for a cool place to relax. They have a baby center in each park. You can change him, feed him, relax in peace, plus buy anything you may have forgotten. Ignore the eye rolls, kids don't remember things until what, 3?? So yeah, that means for the parent taking their kid to the zoo, what's the point if they don't remember. Take lots of pictures, they will remember those. Have fun!!! We are taking DS in September!
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• Options
    We went to sea world a couple of months ago and Alexis loved it. She would probably like it even more now since she is a little older.

The only thing I can say is it is butt hot in Florida right now. Keep baby hydrated and use sunscreen. I suggest a sun hat too for when you aren't keeping him in the stroller.

• Options
    Thanks for all the awesome advice ladies! You've majorly put my mind at ease!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"