Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Doctor's appointment today

H and I went to the already scheduled doctors appointment today. We discussed the fact that even though there had been sufficient growth between my first and second ultrasounds, there had been no growth from the second to the third (which I already knew). So my LO made it to 6w4d before it stopped growing. Not sure how this goes with my LMP, since I had actually skipped the period that was due the end of March. Based on when it was expected, that means that I ovulated very early in my cycle, which is good to know for the future (I'm not in the habit of charting).
In any case, the doctor said that the body should expel it naturally, but he did offer me Cytotec. I opted for that, so that I can have a bit more control over it - I don't want to start to miscarry in the middle of a work day. I work in a small nursing home, and finding someone to cover for me on short notice is a bit difficult. I'm going to pick it up on Thursday when I get paid, and probably take it on Friday, so my husband can be home with me while I'm going through it. I'm a bit scared, but happy that I can move forward. Feeling a bit guilty about feeling happy about it, but oh well, there it is.
My doctor also said that he doesn't feel like there's any reason not to TTC right away again, and he's actually seen it help some women to cope with the grief of a loss, so H and I are going to discuss it a bit and make a decision together whether to wait for a bit or start TTC again.
Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
F born June 2018
W born September 2020
#3 due November 2022

Re: Doctor's appointment today

• ASRDHASRDH member
    I'm sorry for your loss.
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    I'm sorry for your loss and hope the cytotec works quickly and as painless as possible.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Loading the player...
  • LisaG09LisaG09 member
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 (my birthday!) MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

TTC #1 (Round 2): May 16, 2014 

Names | Blog | Chart

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• @maryhr1 - I was a bit surprised by it too. I think we'll wait for at least a cycle anyways, but I think it was good for my H to hear that. He was talking about waiting for a long while before trying again, but I think now we'll try sooner.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • heyopieheyopie member
    Hugs to you, and glad you will have your husband with you. 

I was on the same page as you (re:being happy. fresh start). Our dr also told us as soon as we were ready we could try again. I think it all has to do with how you feel physically and if you can emotionally handle it.  I know waiting a cycle helps the Dr's with dating.

N+S=
    BFP 2/2014 - EDD 10/17/2014  Baby stopped growing at @ 6 wks 4 days - Natural MC occurred @ 11 wks 4/2014 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"