September 2014 Moms
Options

Swinging a baseball bat? Bad?

My friend just told me that he wouldn't let his pregnant girlfriend play wiffle ball over the weekend (she is 25 weeks pregnant). He said she was upset and I told him that he was being weird. He said that the motion of swinging a bat can cause the cord to be wrapped around the baby's head. I told him that he is an idiot and that it's pretty common for the cord to get around the babies neck. He is an EMT and told me that he learned it during "advanced EMT training". I just rolled my eyes and told him that I would have played anyway if my DH would have told me no. Am I crazy or is this true? 

Re: Swinging a baseball bat? Bad?

• Options
    I would say not - I've been bowling since BFP. A bowling ball is definitely more of a strain on the ol' swingin' arms than a wiffle bat.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah i don't think so. The only thing that might happen is mom might pull something. I threw a baseball while pregnant last time and pulled something in my side.

• Options
    This made me lol. We never once learned this during our maternity section in nursing school. I have heard this from the old school grandmom of my friend.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    rlyttlerlyttle member
    rlyttle said:
    Thanks ladies! I told him that he should ask her doctor about this at their next appointment. He said he would be sure to. haha I can't wait to hear back about the response. 
    You won't hear back, because he's wrong. He won't admit it.

You are probably right, but you know for damn sure I'll bring it up again & ask him. Haha
  • Options
    He's a idiot and she is at fault for listening to his stupidness. 

My husband knows to never tell me I am not allowed to do something.  That is a great way to ensure I will said activity just to prove he doesn't make the rules. Thank goodness that has never-ever been an issue for us or our relationship. :-) 

I would love to know what their doctor's tell him -- and I agree with PP that you probably won't hear back from him because he won't admit he is wrong like most men. :-)
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"