Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Where to buy shoes for extra wide feet?

DS is currently wearing a pair of Stride Rite size 7.5 XW sneakers. They've lasted him through the fall/winter and we need to get him another pair of sneakers and some sandals too. Went back to SR and he's now right at the 7.5 line so they recommended we buy an 8 XW. We literally had one choice in store and I looked on their website--there are 3 options in his size. Where else do you have success finding XW shoes? She even tried an 8 W just to see and there was no getting his foot comfortably in there! He's got Flintstone feet! :-) Thank you!
Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
DX: High FSH/DOR
It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where to buy shoes for extra wide feet?

• Options
    DS also has bricks for feet. They are just as long as wide as tall. I have found a couple pairs Smart Fit at Payless but normally I have to buy Robeez offline.
  • Options
    Keens are pretty wide
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BP607BP607 member
    I've heard that new balances have wide.  DS has to have XW in stride rite. I have tried a bunch of other brands but his feet don't even come close.  They are shaped like a square.  I feel you on the selection, they don't have a lot compared to the regular width.  
  • Options
    SusieBWSusieBW member
    DD also has a pair of addidas and they're really wide.  We buy DD's sneakers and Keens mostly from Nordstrom Rack.  It's hit or miss, but they usually have a really good selection.

I dislike StrideRite, but maybe that's just me.  Not only do I find most of their shoes ugly, I think their shoes intentionally run narrow so that they can sell you wide shoes and make you think that you NEED to buy wide shows from them.  DD has had some W shoes from SR when DH's aunt or mom has brought her there to be measured and bought them for her, but other brands of sneakers have always fit her fine.  The cheap, girly Mary Janes with elastic-y straps (like from Target) sometimes don't fit her feet right, but regular sneakers and sandals are fine.  Try some other brands.
  • Options
    I always bought my boys wide shoes at payless.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You might want to try amazon.com. I've gotten Kenneth Cole shoe in wide that seem like they have a lot of room. They also have a decent collection. With amazon I do prime, get them in 2 days and has free returns. Shoe size exchange have been easy they ship the new size right away and you have a month to return the old item. Even found the prices to be slightly cheaper from the retailer, and some are even direct from the manufacturer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"