Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

ovulation after m/c

I had a natural m/c on 5/5. On 5/16 I had all my signs of ovulation. Is it possible to ovulate after m/c before AF returns?

Re: ovulation after m/c

• Options
    KingLEDKingLED member
    tlboatner said:

I had a natural m/c on 5/5. On 5/16 I had all my signs of ovulation. Is it possible to ovulate after m/c before AF returns?

Yes. I've ovulated (confirmed by temping) after several of my miscarriages before my first post loss period.

After a miscarriage it's not uncommon for things to be crazy for a while, though. Also, it's pretty common for "typical" signs to change after a loss, so try not to read too much in to symptoms.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    I've read that after a m/c a lot of women have a surge in fertility. I suppose that would play into it?
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KingLEDKingLED member

I've read that after a m/c a lot of women have a surge in fertility. I suppose that would play into it?

That's a myth.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    EllyD14 said:
    That's a myth.
    Just did a bit of research on the matter (I'm a research junky v.v;). Apparently it's a highly debated subject, with some claiming a surge, others claiming a decrease, and yet others saying it's just the leftover hormones. All I know is that there seems to be some empirical evidence supporting the theory *shrug*
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Options
    I just got my first AF post d&c, and while I had ovulation symptoms (egg white and watery CM) I don't think I ovulated based on OPks and tempting.

DD 15.07.2012

BFP #2 01.18.2014, MMC 04.10.2014 15w5d

BFP #3 07.18.2014, MC 07.31.2014 5w6d

DX: RPL due to submucosal uterine fibroid. Hysteroscopy 12/16. All clear!

image</a

• Options
    heyopieheyopie member
    edited May 2014
    I also had ovulation like CM but according to FF I didn't not ovulated. 

(edited to remove a letter "s" that I accidently typed.)

N+S=
    BFP 2/2014 - EDD 10/17/2014  Baby stopped growing at @ 6 wks 4 days - Natural MC occurred @ 11 wks 4/2014 
  • Options
    A lot of women get pregnant before their first AF so they must have ovulated.  I had a miscarriage on 5/6 and ovulated today 5/19, so it's definitely possible depending on where your hormones are at.
  • Options
    LisaG09LisaG09 member
    According to my chart, I ovulated 29 days after my D&C and then about ten days later I started my period. Which matches up to my cycles before the pregnancy and loss give or take a few days.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 (my birthday!) MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

TTC #1 (Round 2): May 16, 2014 

Names | Blog | Chart

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Options
    It's possible-everybody is different. Only temps would confirm it. Also realize that it can take a while for your HCG to reach 0 (Which keeps your body from ovulating).
    Our Novel of TTC:

*Male Factor (low count and low motility), High Prolactin, and Polycystic Ovaries (March 2013)
    *Recurrent Miscarriage testing also revealed high anti-phospholipids & single MTHFR mutation. (Feb 2014) 

*IVF (07/2013): BFP-Natural Miscarriage @ 5 weeks* <3 Madison Riley <3
    *FET #1 (10/2013): BFN
    *FET #2 (12/2013)- BFP-Missed Miscarriage at 8 weeks <3 Kyle Andrew <3
    *Chromosomes and Karotyping tests were both normal.We lost a healthy baby boy :(
    *FET #3 (04/2014) was cancelled after finding Chronic Endometritis
    *Miraculous BFP July 2014!! (I was taking baby aspirin and Cabergoline to stay regulated while "taking a break from TTC" and waiting to consult with a reproductive immunologist!!!) 

Our healthy baby girl was born 03/10/15 thanks to daily Lovenox injections and baby aspirin. There are no words for how grateful I am for our rainbow baby. <3
  • Options
    cait613cait613 member
    I had an m/c on 4/26 and had a positive ovulation test on 5/12 with all of the signs of ovulation as well. Still no AF. It's definitely a possibility
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"