Babies: 0 - 3 Months

RnP sleeper transition to crib???

We are currently using a rock n play sleeper and want to transition to the crib after many reviews of flat head or torticullis (sp?)... so far she HATES the crib.. probably because its lacking the incline the RnP has.  Anyone have success with the transition??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: RnP sleeper transition to crib???

• I have a crib wedge that gives a slight angle if you think the incline is that issue you can try that to give crib a little incline too.

**Ready for Baby!**
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    You can put some folded towels or blankets underneath the head of the mattress to give it a small incline.  It won't be as much of an incline as the RNP, but it's something.   

Your LO might not have any trouble at all.  We went from the Newborn Napper attachment of the pack n play to the flat surface (on an incline, like described above) and he handled the transition just fine.  
    imageDSC_9275  image

• Loading the player...
  • hsalhsal member
    Ditto on using the wedge.
  • KriztynKriztyn member
    Does the wedge go under the sheet or on top??
  • flclflcl member
    I'm pretty sure it goes under.... if you just used towels to create a slight incline, definitely put those under the sheets.  Good luck!
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    flcl said:
    I'm pretty sure it goes under.... if you just used towels to create a slight incline, definitely put those under the sheets.  Good luck!
    I would put any towels/blankets under the mattress, not just the sheets.
    imageDSC_9275  image

• flclflcl member
    Avion22 said:
    flcl said:
    I would put any towels/blankets under the mattress, not just the sheets.
    @avion22: thank you, I meant mattress not sheets.  LO hasn't been sleeping well... thanks for catching that!
  • KriztynKriztyn member
    Bought the wedge... she still won't sleep in there... we're going to try a couple times during the day to get her in there too...
  • I am working on transitioning our baby. I have him nap in a flat bassinet or crib during the day to get him use to it and then he sleeps in the rock n sleeper still at night because he wakes up so much to feed. This seems to be working well, took him a few days to get use to the flat surface but now he sleeps great. 
  • I moved my DD from the rock n play to her crib almost 3 weeks ago and she has slept great. We put wooden blocks under the legs at the head of her crib for an incline. We also rolled two towels and put them under her crib sheet and we put her in the middle. This gives her the same snug feeling of the rock n play. Good luck!
  • MimalooMimaloo member
    DD will sleep in the flat bassinet all day long with no issues. But at night she only wants the RnP - I've tried so many times to get her to sleep overnight in the bassinet. After she falls asleep following her night time feeding, I'll let her stay on me until she's really out cold. I move her to the RnP and she stays sound asleep. I move her to the bassinet and she wakes up and we have to do the whole routine over again. 

However, our pedi told us not to use the wedge or put anything in the crib/bassinet with her to sleep. Her suggestion was to wait until DD is a bit older and then just let her CIO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"