January 2015 Moms

Anyone else try the Clear Blue Weeks Estimator? Help!

I have been making myself crazy with the clearblue weeks estiamtor. I used on the day after my period was due 4/29 and got 1-2 weeks pregnant. Perfect right? Exactly 7 days later I tested again and got 2-3 weeks. Now, today 7 days later again....I was excepting to get 3+ and I only got 2-3 again and I am FREAKING OUT. thought? My last pregancy ended about 5 weeks ( or simply did not progress ) and I am terrified of that happening again

Best Answers

Re: Anyone else try the Clear Blue Weeks Estimator? Help!

• Loading the player...
  • Pips09Pips09 member
    I'm pretty sure that the weeks estimator is crap. It can't estimate how many weeks you are. If it says "Pregnant", that's all that matters.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• I posted to October first in error - sorry about that and the only other thing I posted to October was an apology. Sorry to have bothered you

• Well maybe you were in  the 2 week range and so a week later it would be 3 weeks. I honestly have no idea. Maybe pee on a First Response and see how dark that time is. 
  • Thanks - I have not had an ultrasound just yet and I feel I will be nervous till I see the heartbeat

• That's smart of you, I originally thought seeing the weeks estiamtor go up would make me feel better and it backfired on me

• I used the same test to get an idea if I was progressing as well. I didn't space it out exactly at seven days apart though. I went over by one or two days just to make sure that I was definitely in the next week. If you have another one of those I would wait and testing two more days and then it should show 3+ weeks.
  • I have one test left and I want to use it first thing tomorrow morning, but I' ll try and wait till Wednesday or Thursday

• AJo32AJo32 member
    edited May 2014
    I took one on Sunday and got 2-3, then again yesterday and got 1-2. I was a little worried as well. Took another this morning and got 2-3 again. I know that's a lot of tests, but this baby was a total surprise and it's still sinking in! I wouldn't worry too much about it since the directions say the weeks estimator is only accurate something like 50% of the time. Based on my last period I should be 5 weeks today.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I saw that the accuracy was 45-90 % something like that. I guess holding steady at 2-3 insnt bad I would just feel so much more confident with a solid 3+ ( or an ultra sound)

• I took 3 last week and each said 1-2. Yes, I'm obsessive so I took another one today and it said 2-3 so that made me happy. :-p I was just worried because last time I was pregnant I felt horrible and I feel great this time. Every pregnancy is different I guess. :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope, just going to wait and see what the US tells us. I can't justify spending the money on that knowing it may not be accurate.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had one more test left to try and I tried it on Thursday which would be 6 weeks plus 2 days ( although maybe not because we used ovulation tests and I appeared to ovulated late that month ) Long story short I am obsessing. It feels like a long wait till Thursday the 22nd for my first ultra sound

• I remember reading on the package something about not using the test to consistently gauge pregnancy progression or HCG levels.  I'm sure a test like that can't be THAT spot on accurate.  I'm sure all is well, but hoping the best for you!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @mrscastillo - when is your due date if you dont mind me asking?

• I am 6 weeks 5 days and used another one yesterday to make sure it still said 3+. (It did) I've had very little symptoms so I needed the reassurance. Remember if you've drank a lot of water in can skew your results bc it waters down the hcg in your urine.
  • I had a MC my first pregnancy, this one my dr had them do an ultra sound at 7wks to make sure baby was growing on track. Guess my answer or question is can you contact your dr to see if they would do an early US bc of the previous loss.
  • Thanks! The test I bought was 2 tests and I took one at 6 weeks and the 6 weeks 2 days - Maybe I should try another and would get that now. I did think a bit about the diluted because I am thirsty all night and I usually guzzle some water before bed and if I wake up in the night and both of those teest seriously, I could not wait to pee, I wake up every 4 hours!

• OK so by this time I should be truely done peeing on a stick but I found myself in front of the prego test when shopping and the weeks estimator was on sale so a little cheaper...so I bought and I am 7 weeks and 1 say so certainly past the 3 + weeks and that's what I got. I am really pleased because even if it's inaccurate it means at least my HCG is not going down...which was my big fear. Tomorrow I have my first ultrasound and then I can really relax ( hopefully)

• I used one yesterday and got 2-3 weeks, I had a beta done around noon and it was 564.
    If that gives you any idea on the levels it detects.
    I am going to use one again tomorrow before I go in for my repeat beta :)
  • Last Monday, I was 2-3. 4,000 HCG on Thursday. Today I am 3+. I know it doesn't mean much until the U/S, but at least I'm further than my last loss.
  • I think it takes a bit to to the 3+. I guess the 3+ would actually have to be at least 6 weeks (4 plus the ovulation 2 weeks ) , because 5 is covered in the 2-3. I had blood drawn on 5/9 friday and got my HCG count as 1384. I did a test on Monday & on  that Wednesday and they BOTH said 2-3 still. I thought you would get the 3+ on an HCG greater than 2000 which I would assume I would be by then, but maybe my pee was diluted because usally I guzzle water in the middle of the night and I usually wake up to pee. Someone else says the 3 + test does not kick in till you are 2800-3000 so maybe I was just not there yet. Anyway, I feel a little better

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"