January 2015 Moms

HCG Levels

Trying not to stress myself out but it's so hard! Friday I woke up with some blood after a bathroom run and immediately called my OB she didn't seem to concerned but it being my first pregnancy and some other health issues I wanted peace of mind ... so she suggested checking my levels Friday and Sunday so I went to have blood drawn both those days.  I got a call this morning and she said my levels didn't increase by 50% but close??  So they are having me come in for an early ultrasound today at 1:30 and I am so beyond stressed and have to go it alone today.  Anyone else experience this?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: HCG Levels

• I haven't personally experienced it, but fingers are crossed for good news!

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • I haven't been through it but FX for you!
    DS born 1/8/2015
    BFP 1/5/2016   EDD 9/17/2016

• Loading the player...
  • letsgoxletsgox member
    Sorry you're going through this. I can't see your siggy, so forgive me if this info is in there, but who far along are you? When was your LMP?

Unless your HCG is at a certain level, (a predictable value that often correlates with a gestational sac) an early u/s may not tell you much besides that you (hopefully) have a sac in your uterus. Don't be alarmed if you can't see much more than that because it's very early. Hope you get good news.

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• I haven't been through it either but fx for good news!
  • I have an appointment this afternoon to see if mine have double over the weekend. I know how stressful it can be to wait! Good luck with your ultrasound today. Keep us posted. I have to go to my appointment alone too :(
  • I have no experience with that. Good luck though!
    Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
    Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
    BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

• T&Ps everything turns out okay!
  • Hopefully the us gives good news. I had betas only increase from 2400 to 2900 back in February so I knew it wasn't happening for me but there are lots of miracle stories out there!
  • rmpar29rmpar29 member
    I have no experience with this personally, but from what I've read, it can take 48-72 hours for your levels to double.  So, if it was only 48 hours then you could be right on track with that.  Good luck and I hope your levels are taking off!
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • yes I had that problem as well wth my 1st pregnancy. unfortunately for me the baby was not healthy and I had an induced termination for baby's sake. Because you are so early along in your pregnancy, it is common to not see an embryo, and only see a yolk sac. The yolk sac is the structure that eventualy becomes the amniotic sac. Because your levels almost doubled, I see that as a great sign. Best of luck to you!
  • Good luck, lots of thoughts being sent your way.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ACH831 it was almost immediate when I saw the heart beat and heard the heart beat!  Very loud and fast I wasn't really expecting it.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I had a similar experience last august. That you HCG is increasing that is good news! Mine did not and Ihad bad news but fingers crossed for you!

• Oh goodie! Glad you got to see the heatbeat! I have the exact same due date you do and my first ultrasound is not till next Thursday  5/22/14 It was scheduled for  5/30 and I asked to move it up for a trip

• kmbeylkmbeyl member
    @Babytime1778‌ congratulations! That is such exciting news. Keep us posted on your next u/s. Do you happen to know what your levels were? I only ask because I had almost the same situation as you (a little blood one time after using the restroom, blood test friday at 4pm, and blood test Monday at 8am). My levels went from 1253 to 1992.... So unfortunately they didn't double, but they did increase.
  • @kmbeyl May I ask your due date? Mine is 1/6 and I also got a blood text friday & my level was  1384... but I'm not scheduled for another test to see if they are rising. I asked for a blood test to confirm pregnancy..I want to call and ask to see if they are rising but I dont want to seem overly anxious ( which I am )

• kmbeylkmbeyl member
    @bustysinclare‌ I unfortunately don't know my due date. I originally thought I was around January 3rd, but when I went in for my blood work and u/s on Friday all they saw was a tiny gestational sac which looked to be about 4.5ish weeks. I then got my blood work Friday and yesterday morning. I've had no spotting whatsoever, my boobs still hurt really badly, but my numbers didn't double which now has me frightened. The nurse told me it was a "good jump" but that they'd know more when I come in this Friday for a second u/s. This has been such a worrisome week!! I hate that I even had to check hcg levels, but I had fertility issues so I had to get them done. They cause such worry!
  • Babytime1778, your post put me at ease!!  I woke up on Mother's Day with some brownish spotting and totally freaked out.  It seemed to get worse after church, so the hubs decided to go to the ER.  I know, dramatic...but it was Sunday and our first pregnancy and we were scared.

The last time I had my numbers done were right when we found out we were pregnant.  The first was 96, then 251 about 2 1/2 weeks ago.  On Sunday, my number was a little over 65,000.  They did an ultrasound, but we didn't get to see anything from the tech, but the ER doctor showed us a little picture before we were discharged:)  The ER doctor had scheduled me to see my regular doctor the next day, instead of my scheduled first appointment on the 19th.

My OB called the next morning (after seeing the new appt) and told me it was overkill to come in and to keep my appointment on the 19th.  I still have a little brown spot after I wipe, but nothing that leaks or stains my undergarments...or that i've worn a pad for or anything....but the fact that i've had this darn little brownish spot everyday since Sunday still freaks me out so much!!!

The other thing we found out at the ER was that we are about 2 1/2 weeks further than we thought!  According to the tech, I should be 8 weeks on Monday when I go for my appointment, so we are dying to hear a heartbeat and hoping this will put me at ease.

Have any other moms had spotting for a week or more and their babies were ok??  Again, it's super light and I only see it when I use the little girls room...but that hasn't put my stressing out at a lower level!

BabyFetus Ticker

• I love your update!
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I had the brown "spots" for aabout a week and a half! Seems pretty normal.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Babytime1778Babytime1778 member
    edited May 2014

Hey Ladies,

tarynlphillips - I hate when doctors make you feel like you are making to big of a deal. I understand they see a lot of patients but when it's your first baby and you really don't know what to expect it's terrifying at least for me .  This is my first baby and I have a certain anxiety when it comes to medical anything even when I wasn't pregnant but I do know my body.  I was told my cramps were normal but I just felt it was something other then the norm and sure enough I was right I have a large cyst on my right ovary.  The nurse didn't even want to do my levels I specifically asked for something to ease my mind and then she offered for me to have them checked.

ACH831  - I got to hear mine but seeing it was more amazing to me just because it instantly put me at ease.

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"