1st Trimester

Faint positive hpt in the morning, negative in the afternoon!!

What does this mean? We have just started trying, AF last came on March 23 but I'm not regular so would do it every other day. Took a blood test last May 4, came out negative then decided to check this morning since I was cramping and my breast are sore and my back hurt over the last week... And I got a faint positive within 5 mins!! Then I checked again after 3 hours--did drink 2 bottles of water to make myself pee... I got a big fat negative! What should I do now? I'm freaking out!! Help. I want to be pregnant so badly am I seeing things?

Re: Faint positive hpt in the morning, negative in the afternoon!!

• From what I've read, if you are this early from your period only first morning urine will have it show up.  So try to take another one in the morning either the day of your expected period or a few days later (if you can wait that long! lol).  Good Luck!
  • The water could have diluted your urine. Take another one tomorrow morning.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 March 5, 2011
    EDD November 5, 2011
    Logan born October 31, 2011
    BFP #2 March 3, 2014
    EDD Nov 14, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • FMU has a higher concentration of HCG. You diluted your urine by drinking the water in the afternoon. Try again in the morning.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• melsnermelsner member

What did the text instructions say regarding how long to wait for a result? Five minutes seems long. Anything past the time listed in the instructions is invalid.

Not necessarily. My Wondfos said to read after 5 min, don't read a negative after 10 min, but you could read a positive for up to 48 hours. Same with FRERS, except you read after 3 min.

I'm with everyone else, OP. Don't freak out and test in the morning.
    Aug '15 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Mean Girl from Film/TV: Lucille Bluth from Arrested Development

Married 3/31/2012
    Me: 29 DH: 30
    BFP #1 5.09.2014
    Natural MC 07.09.2014
    BFP #2 12.15.2014
    Stay With Me Precious Sticky Bean! I Love You!
                       BabyFruit Ticker
  • Held my pee for 3 hours in the afternoon... Since I'm impatient and got a faint positive again. Tomorrow I'll check again. I can't help but get excited. Thanks guys. I love the forum.
  • Sorry, held it from 4 to 8pm.. And got a faint positive again.
  • Took a blood test as per doctor's advice since my doctor is overseas and I don't trust any other doctors here in Bangladesh. Waiting for my next fmu! Fingers crossed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"