Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Baby Acne

My 3 week old has been getting baby acne on his cheeks. I know you aren't suppose to do anything to it, but I would like to help him get rid of it. I use Desitin on my face if I get a pimple and it clears it up pretty quickly. Do you think the Desitin would be okay to use on him, or should I just leave it be?

Re: Baby Acne

• Either use breast milk or leave it alone.
  • flclflcl member
    PPs got it right... breast is best in this case ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Breast milk does help. My son had baby acne pretty bad on his face, but it's cleared up mostly. He still gets little pimples here and there but it's SO much better!
    Anniversary
    My Blog!
    TTC #1 since 11/1/2011
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    DX: Hypothyroidism (2004) & Possible PCOS (2/2012)
    CD3 b/w: Elevated LH:FSH ratio HSG: All clear! Y-shaped Uterus; SA: Normal
    Round 1 of Clomid (50mg) 8/28-9/1: BFP!
    BFP #1: 9/23/12 Edd: 6/4/2013. M/C 9/28/12 @ 4w4d
    Round 2 of Clomid (100mg) 10/3-10/7: BFP!
    BFP #2: 11/3/12 Edd: 7/16/2013. mmc discovered at 18w2d (our baby girl stopped developing at 15w3d due to Down's Syndrome). d&e 2/15/13
    3/28/13: "quite a few" uterine polyps and scar tissue discovered.
    Hysteroscopy (4/16/13): Polyps, Scar Tissue removed. Septate confirmed & removed.
    Appt with new RE 5/30/13
    Surprise BFP (with no treatment!) 6/30/13
    Our perfect little boy was born 3/11/14 - 9lbs 2oz, 21 1/4"

• SaraeaySaraeay member
    You can also use a warm wet washcloth and lightly wipe their face a few times a day. I do this with my LO and it helped tremendously.
    Don't use chemicals on your baby's face, it's too sensitive.
  • damestoir27damestoir27 member
    edited May 2014
    I used cortisone cream along with washing her face before she went to bed. It took about a month for it to completely to clear up.
  • jenb_99jenb_99 member
    I washed DS's face with Aveeno wash and then put Aveeno lotion on it at bedtime; otherwise I left it alone. It went away in just a week or two. Don't stress over it and don't go overboard trying to get rid of it. It doesn't look pretty to us, but it doesn't bother our babies at all.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• An occasional warm washcloth and a small slathering of coconut oil worked for us. BTW, I use coconut oil on MY face too - so versatile and gentle.
  • My baby had it bad as well and I tried what everyone would recommend: breast milk, warm water, just left it alone and nothing worked. Well my patience got the best of me and I tried this cleansing water that a mom recommended to me on a mommy blog. Its called Physiobebe by Mustela. I got it at Babies R Us, and I saw they sell it at Target as well. I now SWEAR by those products. I put some Physiobebe on a little cotton pad and cleaned his little face 2 times a day and it literally cleared it up within 2-3 days! All the products are hypoallergenic and I love the soft baby smell it has. I am now using the baby wash and the lotion as well since I noticed mu LO has really dry sensitive skin. Hope that works :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"