April 2013 Moms

Sex and TTC

CanukMamCanukMam member
edited May 2014 in April 2013 Moms
Sex while TTC has always been memorable. For some reason its just amazing. I'm not sure if its due to the extra 'purpose' or because I am off the pill....wondering how it was for everylne else. Please post your experience and birth control method
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sex and TTC 61 votes

so much better!!!
26% 16 votes
noticed no difference
37% 23 votes
only a little better
9% 6 votes
worse
16% 10 votes
SS
9% 6 votes

Re: Sex and TTC

• I voted only a little better. I think TTC just takes away the anxiety of failed
    BC, so I don't have that worry in the back of my mind.

I probably should have voted SS though. I think NTNP sex is the best, because you're not really worried about getting pregnant, or not getting pregnant. Takes all the worry out of it :)
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• KrisM86KrisM86 member
    I voted SS. We weren't TTC when we got pregnant with DD and we were only not preventing for like 3 weeks before getting pregnant with DS. So I can't really say.

• Loading the player...
  • With the birth control pill I have never worried about getting pregnant. Its funny too because each time I got pregnant I was off the pill for 1 month and got pregnant on the first try. I guess its a testament to how well the pill works!!

I'm just wondering if the pill is messing with my sex drive
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It used to be better but now since having the miscarriage and trying without luck it's just stressful.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Stress can definitely affect your sex drive.

I'm just reading about all this online now and hormonal contraception can definitely impact sex drive. After this LO is evicted I may try a non hormonal (copper) IUD
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    The pill / nuvaring definitely messed with my sex drive, but I didn't notice that the sex itself actually was any better (or worse) while TTC.  I actually went off BC the day we were engaged (july), but we didn't conceive until the following July... I charted from July until April and we avoided sex or used condoms when I thought I was fertile, and then in April we officially started trying.

This time around, we officially started trying in October and got our BFP on NYE -- however, I'm still a little confused how it happened because I really felt like our timing was off every month.  Guess not!

:-)

But BC definitely messed with my libido.  As in... zero, zip, zilch while on it.

I'll be having my tubes tied most likely after this pregnancy (c/s), so we won't have to worry about it anymore.  My body never did very well on hormonal BC.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    CanukMam said:

Stress can definitely affect your sex drive.

I'm just reading about all this online now and hormonal contraception can definitely impact sex drive. After this LO is evicted I may try a non hormonal (copper) IUD

I definitely noticed this problem when I was on the pill. When not on hormonal BC I actually initiate it on occasion and pretty much always enjoy it. That was not the case while on the pill. I have a Paraguard IUD now and have been very happy with it, aside from once again having hormonal acne.
  • So much better when TTC. DH is like a ravenous sex lion. Something about the concept just totally gets him off.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • BC pill definitely squashes my sex drive.  TTC sex was great, there was always this extra excitement for me like 'this could really be happening'. 
    imageimageimage
  • I voted worse. I don't like the pressure of having to do it at a certain time. It makes it kind of awkward.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• CanukMamCanukMam member
    edited May 2014
    knitfaced said:

It's god awful after trying with no luck for 6 months. And after that it just keeps getting worse and worse. Try and have a little empathy for people that struggle with infertility.

How about you try and not be so sensitive.

Just because I don't struggle with infertility doesn't mean I can't ask questions about my issues. This discussion lead me to realize that the BC pill has been sqaushing my libido for over a decade.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We all have our issues and if we catered to everyone's sensitivities then we wouldn't talk about anything ever.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think these topics are good... I'm glad that women share their struggles, and are okay with admitting that sex sucks and is frustrating when infertility is an issue. It serves as a support for other women who may think they are "weird" or "broken" for not enjoying TTC sex. You realize that many women are sharing similar journeys. At the same time, it can be fun, funny and entertaining to hear positive things like TTC-sex magically gets better
  • camdensmom32camdensmom32 member
    edited May 2014
    I voted worse for TTC sex. After months of trying and not getting pregnant it isn't fun. Planned sex is the worst.
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Like @canukmam I think the pill has had a major affect on my sex drive, definitely considering switching to something non hormonal.
    imageimageimage
  • Yesh sorry I didn't think about that, I'm sure after a while of failed attempts it can weigh on it. I guess I just meant that without any birth control methods I found the experience better.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    I totally only read this as "does the sexing feel better without hormonal Bc", not a question about whether ttc was fun or not. I have a few friends who could (and have!) written books about infertility and I have nothing but major creepy internet hugs for those who have struggled in that department. It is heartbreaking.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • knitfaced said:
    It's god awful after trying with no luck for 6 months. And after that it just keeps getting worse and worse. Try and have a little empathy for people that struggle with infertility.
    How about you try and not be so sensitive. Just because I don't struggle with infertility doesn't mean I can't ask questions about my issues. This discussion lead me to realize that the BC pill has been sqaushing my libido for over a decade.
    You asked a question. I answered honestly. I'm about the least sensitive infertile person around so i don't really understand what you think was the problem with my answer. I just was suggesting that on this day of all days you appreciate what you have and remember that there are girls on this board that can't get pregnant as easily as you and may be struggling. It might be a good lesson for you to just try to put yourself on someone else's shoes before you mention for the 100th time how amazing you are for being pregnant.

Yes, I'm pretty raw on the topic since I am in the middle of losing my pregnancy, and this day makes it sting just a little more. Knitface put it perfectly, it isn't the topic but the attitude that is coming with it that is a little insensitive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @bhjones1980‌... buh. So sorry for what you are going through. Crappy...
  • arschm02arschm02 member
    edited May 2014
    @bhjones1980‌, so so sorry. :(
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • CanukMamCanukMam member
    edited May 2014
    @bhjones1980‌ sorry for your loss (hugs)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Guess we will have to agree to disagree ladies. I'm walking away from this post now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bhjones1980 so sorry you are going through this. Especially today!!
  • @bhjones1980 lots of hugs your way. I've been in your shoes. If you need to talk please don't hesitate to pm me!

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member

@bhjones1980 so sorry you are going through this. Especially today!!

I am so sorry too. Big hugs.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @bhjones1980‌ I'm so sorry that you are going through this. ::hugs::
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards