Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Loss of pregnancy symptoms is messing with my head

Last night and all day today has been rough. I have lost all of my pregnancy symptoms and all it has done is made me feel incredibly sad. While pregnant I had a major sweet tooth (something I don't have at all normally) and I bought a crap ton of sweets..... Now I open my pantry and just cry. I would go to the grocery store but I've been too sad to leave the house since Wednesday. There is just an incredible emptiness left.

:::sigh:::

Sorry I just felt the need to share; especially since I don't have friends who have ever lost a baby so they are clearly not even sure what to say.....so they just don't say anything. This whole loss is incredibly isolating :(
Me: 38
DX:  Adenomyosis, Compounded MTHFR, PAI-1 4G variant

DH: 34
MFI due to Testicular Cancer

Married March 2012 <3
IVF w/ICSI #1
10 little polar bears
FET #1 with 2 polar bears ~Nov 6, 2013 BFN :(
FET # 2 with 2 more polar bears ~March 19, 2014 BFP!!!
Beta 1= 276
Beta 2= 662
4/19/14 ~ baby A became an angel
5/02/14 ~ baby B became an angel
5/3/14 ~ D&C
FET #3 with 1 male polar bear ~October 3, 2014
October 13, 2014 ~ BFN
Fur Children:  Memphis 3y, Dutch 3y, Marcel 2y, Meadow 1y

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
January 2015 Siggy Challenge TTCAL
Animals Interacting with Snow

Re: Loss of pregnancy symptoms is messing with my head

• Hugs
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Don't be sorry for sharing! I am sorry you feel isolated... I too have felt this way.. especially today.. I made this mistake of going to brunch with my husbands family this morning...I know they don't mean to, but I just felt like I was the target of awkward expressions the entire time.. it's like they look at you and want to bring it up, but don't know what to say.. Hugs to you..
  • Loading the player...
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    I'm sorry and this is a good place for venting.  We don't mind.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• I'm sorry you ate feeling isolated. I feel your pain. Hang in there
  • O2girlO2girl member
    Thanks ladies. It's such a weird place to be and lonely to boot.

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN

• FeeganFeegan member
    Hugs to you my dear, today is a tough day for us all. My husband and those we have told have been so supportive, but at times I have still felt totally alone, because how can you not? It's your body all this stuff is happening to/in, not theirs.

This past week was my first full week back at work since the miso failure/D&C week-long ordeal last week and I was just done, so emotionally exhausted from 'putting on my brave face' to make it through the week. I cried off and on all the way home and when I got home the friend we unfortunately have staying with us (who I am already having a hard time dealing with all of this in front of) asks me if I'm ok, as if I have zero reason to still be upset and I simply lost it. I was sobbing for a good hour in my husbands arms. Ugh.

We've just got to keep taking it one day at a time and when that's too hard, take it by the hour. Sending you big internet hugs. PM me anytime you want to cry, vent, shake your fist at the world for being so unfair.
    TTC #1: 3/2013
    02/2014: Clomid = BFN
    03/2014: Femara + Menopur + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP! - 3/17/14
    EDD: 11/29/14 - MMC @ 9 wks: 4/25/14 
    Misoprostol 4/28 & 4/29 - D&C after misoprostol failure 5/2/14
    07/2014: Spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    08/2014: Spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    08/2014 v2.0: Final spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    09/2014: BCP cycle in prep for injectable cycle in Oct.
    10/2014: Gonal-F + Cetrotide + Ovidrel + IUI  = BFP!
    TWINS! 
    "Top Bunk" & "Bottom Bunk" due June/July 2015
  • O2girlO2girl member
    @RedheadRunning‌
    Thank you sweetie. Huge hugs sent right back!

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN

• Sorry you are feeling so isolated. I almost have the opposite issue. Both of our families have been so overly caring we are both ready to smack them. We found out almost a month ago that our babe had serious problems and it was recommended that we terminate. Our grieving began then and the families are still tip-toeing around like anything they do is going to upset us, but they won't go away. And we ALMOST got through mothers day without his mother saying "this day must have been very hard for you, I'm so sorry".  

Don't be afraid to ask for help, or to tell people off or to get out of your hair. Trust that people care and that they just don't know what to do or say or how to help. We will all get through this one step at a time.  
  • I know how you feel. My birthday was this week. My grandparents and parents gave me money for my bday so I could pamper myself or get baby stuff. My husband encouraged me to spend the money on stuff I wanted since I miscarried. I got my hair and nails done and felt guilty. I bought myself a new phone today and cried. Then I noticed my nausea is gone and fatigue is gone. and I really lost it. 

Take time for you. Don't try to hold in your feelings. We are here for you. 
  • I'm so sorry you are feeling isolated. I also felt very empty when my hormones started to level out. It sucks :(
    DD1 Sept 2010
    DD2 Dec 2012
    Natural M/C April 2014 (10wks)
    BFP July 4th 2014

• Reading these posts is helping my cope and making me cry at the same time! Just like you ladies I miscarried on May 14 at 8 weeks. It's a devastating shock and I just keep breaking into tears when I least expect it. It was our first pregnancy that we had been trying so hard for so long for.

I appreciate hearing how others are coping with the same feelings that I am having - we are not alone. I don't have anyone that I know has miscarried and we hadn't told anyone either. People have been bugging us "When are you gonna start trying??" Since they didn't know we had been trying for awhile and I already wanted to punch them, now I just want to shrink into a hole and hide!

Thankfully I have the most wonderful husband and we are going on one moment at a time.  Praying that God might bless us with a healthy baby someday soon. Praying for you ladies too as you recover mentally, emotionally and physically too!
  • I can only say to "PRAY"! It is very hard to deal with a loss. You may never truly get over it but one day you'll learn how to cope with it so that's why I say pray. Pray for strength, understanding, and peace of mind. Whenever you feel alone...just pray.
  • *Hugs*
    Our Novel of TTC:

*Male Factor (low count and low motility), High Prolactin, and Polycystic Ovaries (March 2013)
    *Recurrent Miscarriage testing also revealed high anti-phospholipids & single MTHFR mutation. (Feb 2014) 

*IVF (07/2013): BFP-Natural Miscarriage @ 5 weeks* <3 Madison Riley <3
    *FET #1 (10/2013): BFN
    *FET #2 (12/2013)- BFP-Missed Miscarriage at 8 weeks <3 Kyle Andrew <3
    *Chromosomes and Karotyping tests were both normal.We lost a healthy baby boy :(
    *FET #3 (04/2014) was cancelled after finding Chronic Endometritis
    *Miraculous BFP July 2014!! (I was taking baby aspirin and Cabergoline to stay regulated while "taking a break from TTC" and waiting to consult with a reproductive immunologist!!!) 

Our healthy baby girl was born 03/10/15 thanks to daily Lovenox injections and baby aspirin. There are no words for how grateful I am for our rainbow baby. <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"