April 2013 Moms

So Over It (Rant)

I mentioned back in Feb/March that I was applying for my dream job. I sent a kick butt resume, had letters of recommendation sent from a bunch of people and even had a few people contact the mayor directly (was a city govt job).

I didn't even get a call for an interview. I am so mad. I was stupidly qualified for this postion. I knew it was coming down the line for a year and specifically worked on weak areas. I just wanted an interview.

I received this today:
"Thank you for your interest in the position of ________.

In making what proved to be a difficult decision, we looked for specific skills which would best prepare an individual for the demands of this position. We were impressed with the qualifications of all the candidates. However, another candidate has been chosen who had certain skills that best complemented the division at this time.

We thank you again for your interest in employment with ________and best wishes in your future employment endeavors."

If it weren't for H still being in school and my kids being in magnet programs, I would pack all our sh*t and leave.

The nonprofit I work for does amazing stuff but is managed poorly. I'm sick of being a contract worker. Opportunity in my field is seriously limited here. I just want to leave. I hadn't planned to settle here forever, but H Is content to just "bloom where we're planted." Well, that isn't how it works. If something is planted in the wrong conditions, it fails to thrive and dies.

Ugh. Sorry if you made it to the end of this pity party.
If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give 'em a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.-Douglas Adams

Re: So Over It (Rant)

• Sit in your shit for a little and then wipe yourself off and carry on. 

Hugs

I love this.
    If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give 'em a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.-Douglas Adams
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry :-( I have been in that boat and it's rough. For awhile I was trying really hard to get out of education and into a different career. It's the worst when you don't even get an interview, because then you don't get an opportunity to PROVE that you really would be great at the job. So sorry. 
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • KrisM86KrisM86 member
    I'm so sorry. :( That just plain sucks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• elbouelbou member
    I'm sorry they didn't even give you a chance. That's really sucky. I hope you find something even more amazing for you soon!

• Thanks ladies. I just needed to get it out. He doesn't understand why, since I have a job I love doing, I want something else. I want something else so I can have the stability that comes from not crowd sourcing funding and fighting for grant money.

I appreciate the kind words.
  • Very sorry this happened to you. It does suck when you can't even get an interview. 

• Kate_CKate_C member
    I have a friend who worked in a grant funded position. I do not envy anyone the stress of not knowing when your paycheck will run out. I'm sorry this was such a frustrating experience. Hopefully you can regroup and work on a new plan.
  • Thanks again everyone. I spent the day in a funk and now I'm getting toddler snuggles. Tomorrow is a new day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"