October 2014 Moms
Options

Movement from baby at 17wk

I keep feeling a popping ,tapping movement (if that makes any sense) in my belly like popcorn. Is that my baby moving? I'm curious to know .

Re: Movement from baby at 17wk

• Options
    I think so! That is how mine felt at the beginning. It's starting to get a little stronger the past few days.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Could be! :) I feel that a fair bit too, but I'm so gassy that I haven't confirmed it as baby yet.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like it. That's what I feel :-) I can now tell the difference between gas and baby hehe

image image image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I feel that, too, when I am sitting still or laying in bed at night. It just feels differen from gas so I am going to start calling it baby the next time I feel it!
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Im 16 weeks and It feels like a fluttery feeling to me. I didn't think it was baby at first but I defintley do now!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I havent felt anything yet. I think I'm too fluffy. :(

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    I've felt that same thing but I've also yet to admit that it's the baby moving. It's starting to get stronger so I know that it's not gas. It's so weird to think there's a person in my body!
  • Options
    themissthemiss member

I JUST now felt a weird little flutter for about three seconds in my lower abdomen.

I was sending a text and stopped. I'm super gassy, so it might have been that...but it was in a small little area off to the side. It made me smile, but I'm only into my 15th week so I think it may be too early for that

It's a BOY! Est. Due Date - October 17th

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I've been poked a couple of times, but most of the movement I feel is big--like rolling and shifting. Reminds me of my last pregnancy, only DD was much bigger when I started feeling this.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have an anterior placenta, so I haven't felt anything yet, but I'm studying these threads so I know how to recognize it when I finally do feel something!
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • Options
    That's what mine has felt like for the past week and a half. It's different than gas. I also still feel the "flutters", but I get more and more 'pokes' every day it seems like. Last night I thought I maybe felt it from the outside too - but I'm not completely convinced yet.
  • Options
    The first time I felt mine, it felt exactly like when your eyelid twitches involuntarily, but in my belly. About a week after that it had progressed to several sessions of that a day, and about another week after that I could feel in on my hand when it was happening :0)
  • Options
    I never felt "flutters" or if I did I attributed them to gas. Yesterday I felt a thump in my lower abdomen directly across from where Doc found the heartbeat Tuesday. OP's description of popcorn is spot on!
    ::two chest pumps and a peace sign for Jenn:: ~ MrsJudgeyPants 

This is legal advice. Circa 2011 image
  • Options
    Yep I feel those. Mostly when I'm laying down. Popcorn is how I describe it too. I've felt is for a while, though it is getting stronger and more consistent.
    ~First time mama, strikingly handsome husband, comedic pooch, krumpin' baby girl on her way~

• Options
    narabugnarabug member
    I felt a tapping once, and once what I guess you might describe as a fluttering? It felt a lot like when I had a bug stuck on my ear and could feel it moving. Kind of like a gas bubble moving, but much stronger.
  • Options
    Sounds like baby to me. :) I'm 17.4 weeks and for the last week I'm experiencing very noticeable kicks and rolls that I can also feel and see on the outside. This is my second, and I have a very small frame. This is the best part of pregnancy!! Enjoy it, everybody. :)
    Me: 31  ~  Copilot: 37  ~  Our son: 3/25/11 ~ Our daughter: 10/5/14
  • Options
    I started feeling movement around 16 or 17 weeks this time. I now am 19 weeks just ate mac and cheese for lunch, so healthy, but now I feel like I have a little alien inside me, my baby enjoys lunch time more than any other meal. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The other night, I swear that I felt baby. I was sitting super still on the couch and all of a sudden I felt this rolling/pressure where my uterus is, like pushing forward. Almost like a paint roller was pushing on me from the inside. Then it slowly went away and I didn't feel that pressure anymore. And it wasn't gas. :)

I'm calling it the baby, at least!
    ---

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"