October 2014 Moms
Options

Oct 2013 moms rock

I accidentally clicked oct 2013 instead of 2014 this morning. I was in a mad panic and trying to keep my fingers busy while I waited the longest 45 min of my life. I had a follow up appt which should've been a breeze but the nurse couldn't find a heartbeat with the Doppler. I wasn't too worried as this same nurse couldn't find it before but the dr came in and he too could find no HB. He told me it was possible it's ok but was seriously concerned. Cue panic session. The u/s tech was busy and they put me In a private room to wait as I was clearly beside myself. I sat there for 45 freakin minutes!!! It felt like a lifetime. I posted on what I thought was this forum asking about others experiences with seemingly incompetent nurses. What I got was overwhelmingly kind and supportive words from the oct 13 moms. Everything turned out ok. They were looking too low, the baby was high behind my belly button and sideways with a lively heartbeat of 159 ( adrenaline???) so I must give props to those moms clearly oct mommies are the sweetest:)
Lilypie - (JLjB)

Re: Oct 2013 moms rock

• Options
    Aww. So sweet that they supported you through such an ordeal! I'm glad baby is happy and healthy. :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    lrobi13lrobi13 member
    I am so happy you found support when you needed and I am so happy to hear that baby is ok too! That had to have been excruciating.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Similar thing happened to me at my 14 week appointment. My doc looked for the heartbeat with the doppler for about ten minutes and couldn't find it. The words coming out of her mouth were reassuring but the look on her face was not. Luckily they have an ultrasound machine on a cart and she immediately went and got it and baby was fine, moving all around. It was quite nerve wracking though and I imagine I would have been a complete mess if I had to wait 45 minutes. Glad you got some good support!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so glad everything turned out ok. 45 minutes!?! Way to make a mom panic forever!
  • Options
    I'm glad everything went ok!  45 minutes alone in a room wondering if baby is ok?  Holy crap, I can't imagine!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Sorry for your scare but glad baby is okay!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had a similar experience at 14 weeks.  I had an appt with the NP (between appts with OB) and she couldn't find the heartbeat.  She sent me immediately for an u/s which turned out fine and the tech told me I have an anterior placenta which may have been part of the reason she couldn't find it.  I think she wasnt looking low enough though. 

DS #1  1/10/2004

DS #2  2/1/2006

EDD #3  10/5/2014

BabyFruit Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"