October 2014 Moms
Options

Booooooooooooo

Just found out I failed my early 1 hour glucose test (previous pregnancy with GD)-probably skipping the 3 hour and calling it what it is. Anyone else in the same boat?
Pregnancy Ticker

<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Booooooooooooo

• Options
    So sorry to hear that :(
    I'm 18 weeks, when does that test generally take place?

DH: 33 ME: 33 married: 4/24/2014 FTM expecting a baby girl

• Options
    lrobi13lrobi13 member

That is a bummer.  I have mine in four weeks :(  Not excitied.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I am skipping both and just calling it GD. I already see a diabetic counselor. Still learning the diets.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I also failed the 1 hr and my dr decided I should skip the 3 hr since my levels were so high and I have a history of diabetes in my family. I see a dietician and perinatologist next week. This is my first pregnancy though so I don't have any prior experience with this.

Anniversary 

• Options
    mlspielmlspiel member
    I had my early one at 13 weeks since I had it with the last pregnancy-no history in my family - now 15 weeks- this is gonna be a llloonnngggg summer
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    mlspielmlspiel member
    Oh-usually the test is at about 28 weeks
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Meh. I'm not even doing the stupid GTT (1 or 3h) because being even a little bit nervous will make your numbers shoot way up. I'm just calling it and monitoring my sugars.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Kendrav4Kendrav4 member
    edited May 2014
    Me. I failed my one hour at 14 weeks so I decided to not do the 3 hour since I had GD with my last one. This is going to be a long pregnancy. However my sugar numbers have been a little low so my MW told me to increase my carbs! I just have to keep monitoring and adjust accordingly as I get further along
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that... My test is on the 19th..same boat, had GD last time as well... Look at the bright side you probably won't gain much weight... for my first pregnancy I only gained 15 lbs because I was so strict with my GD diet...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Good that you found out early so that you can take extra care.
    imageimage
  • Options
    :::Lurker:::

I had GD with my last PG and had to take the early one hour which I failed.  Dr. made me go do the three hour and I passed all four draws so it might not be a bad thing to take the longer test. I am still watching my carb. intake though.  I will have to repeat at 28 weeks though.  GL

:::Lurker Out:::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Options
    Where I live the test is done at 24 weeks. I failed the one hour both my past 2 pregnancies but passed the 3 hour, so I vote to do it. On the flip side though, if you just have to control with diet, it's not such a bad thing to have a reason to avoid unnecessary sugar.
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    Booooo indeed!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"