October 2014 Moms
Options

NPR: help! Advice needed on flowers

My husband's gram died yesterday. :( She was a lovely woman - the matriarch of the family. 94 years old!
The service is Friday. I was asked to do simple arrangements on the tables (about 12 tables) for the collation after the service.
She loved orchids and geraniums. I was thinking of sprays of orchids in small vases ...
I need advice on where to get vases ...
Also will it be too small on a large round table? Should I get like a couple vases per table?
Then I need a couple larger pieces for the buffet tables - what would match well with orchid sprays?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NPR: help! Advice needed on flowers

• Options
    Dollar stores have some great vases. Target, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Pier 1 Imports.
    I would do orchids on the guest tables and geraniums on the buffet table.
    Meagan
    30 dx with PCOS 2010 treating with metformin
    DS1 12-29-11 DS2 11-4-14
    BFP 10/19/13 missed mc at 5 weeks d&c 11/18/13
    BFP 2/16/14 Please stick baby! !  EDD 10/31/14
    DX with septate uterus 3/1/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lele74Lele74 member
    edited May 2014
    Usually dollar stores have a bunch of vases.
    You could float dendrobium (sp?) orchids in bubble bowls. Or float tea candles in the bowls and put the individual blooms on the table. Or keep them on their stem and put them in a bud vase. I don't think it would be too small. You could put in some purple or pink limonium (it's a nice filler flower). Wax flower is also a nice filler.
    For the larger pieces you could use the same orchids, purple or white statice, and pink roses in vases. Instead of babies breath, you could use the limonium.

Eta: I hope any of this makes sense... I worked for several years at flower shops and I realized people don't always know what I'm talking about. You can also find geranium plants and wrap the containers in pretty tissue paper and celofane tied with a bow. If they're small enough you could put a few of them on the tables in different colors.

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dollar Tree. If you don't like what you find there, you could try Walmart or Target, and Hobby Lobby or Michael's.

I'm sorry for your loss.
    imageimage
  • Options
    @Emerald27‌ thank you :)

Struck out at Target. On to dollar store - would not have thought of that!! Thanks all!

• Options
    @MrsSarahRenee‌ sorry to hear that . I would say dollar store..
  • Options
    lrobi13lrobi13 member
    Sorry for you loss. 
  • Options
    I say any dollar store as well or hobby lobby!
    Sorry for your loss!
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I think orchids look best on their own...maybe some foliage?
    BabyFruit Ticker 
    Married 8/09 to my love
    Our little shamrocks:
    M~4/11   W~12/12   E~due 10/14

• Options
    I've also had good luck finding vases at home goods, Ross and Marshall's. I'm sorry for your loss!
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.

Me- 36 DH- 40 ***TTC since 1/13

BFP #1 - 4/3/13 *** EDD 12/13/13 ***M/C 4/12/13 @5wks 1 day

BFP#2 - 1/29/14 ***EDD 10/11/14

It's a GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    You are all so sweet! Thank you for your help and condolences.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"