August 2014 Moms
Options

Shame on me for not being an active poster.

I just thought I'd share this, I have been on this site since the day I found out I was expecting. Some women on here are very judgemental and like to put others down. Okay, if that's your thing, great! I've chosen to not join in with posting rude comments on certain crazy posts or questions. I don't want drama and I don't want to be a bully on an internet site for pregnant women. There is so many women on this site, do we all need to post questions when most of the questions are being asked? Do we all need to throw stones at someone for asking a "dumb" question? I don't think so. But that is just my opinion. I've enjoyed learning so much on this site from so many women. Baby products, cures for our pregnancy issues and getting a view on how other women handle pregnancy. It's sad that the group of us that chose not to join in the drama, but have a history here can not continue on a FB group.

I'm sorry, but we have decided as a group to only allow active posters to join this facebook group.  Because you have such limited posting history, I can't approve you at this time.
Momnaof2 7:59AM
Wow!!! It's true what they say! Have you ever thought that maybe some of us women don't post as frequently because there are so many members and things tend to be repeated several times as far as questions and comments. I was really sick at the beginning, so I posted a question. I later wasn't feeling baby move, so I posted. I post every week on Wednesday when I gain a week. I guess since I don't put other women down or join in on the drama I don't post enough. Shame.

Re: Shame on me for not being an active poster.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    There are PLENTY of ways to be involved in this community without bashing or putting others down. There's a topic EVERY day, plus loads of other posts from people asking questions or asking for support. Involv yourself - we can't personally invite every member to each conversation.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    poofwokpoofwok member

Momnaof2 said:

I just thought I'd share this, I have been on this site since the day I found out I was expecting. Some women on here are very judgemental and like to put others down. Okay, if that's your thing, great! I've chosen to not join in with posting rude comments on certain crazy posts or questions. I don't want drama and I don't want to be a bully on an internet site for pregnant women. There is so many women on this site, do we all need to post questions when most of the questions are being asked? Do we all need to throw stones at someone for asking a "dumb" question? I don't think so. But that is just my opinion. I've enjoyed learning so much on this site from so many women. Baby products, cures for our pregnancy issues and getting a view on how other women handle pregnancy. It's sad that the group of us that chose not to join in the drama, but have a history here can not continue on a FB group.

I'm sorry, but we have decided as a group to only allow active posters to join this facebook group.  Because you have such limited posting history, I can't approve you at this time.
    Momnaof2 7:59AM
    Wow!!! It's true what they say! Have you ever thought that maybe some of us women don't post as frequently because there are so many members and things tend to be repeated several times as far as questions and comments. I was really sick at the beginning, so I posted a question. I later wasn't feeling baby move, so I posted. I post every week on Wednesday when I gain a week. I guess since I don't put other women down or join in on the drama I don't post enough. Shame.

Are you there offering support during the hard times? Are you finding you only ask/post about your self? Posting in HDBD/weekly update isn't really contributing to the community. Also, A14 has like NO drama nor are we bitchy to each other?!

Edit:words.

THIS. Some ppl need to learn the meaning of a community. It's how active you are with others, not how many posts you've made. I think you're confused.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    chase16chase16 member
    zoegirlTX said:
    Ehhh......I think you are over-reacting.  I don't join in too much drama, but my tolerance for stupid is going down quickly as each week passes. 

I don't think you have to be a drama queen or meanie to participate in the community.  There's always new topics to discuss, posts where people are looking for feedback or encouragement, some fun & silly stuff to go around.  I feel like it's super easy to be active around here without resorting to lurking.
    This. If you had an IRL friend where all you did was ask a couple of questions, and send a selfie weekly to said person.. can you really call yourself that person's friend? No one is being "mean" to you here or excluding you. You are not part of the community because you have chosen not to be. A fix for that though? Comment on stuff and interact with the other members. THAT is a community. There are plenty of ways to partcipate without being redundant. So many threads to comment on!
  • Options
    I still consider myself a lurker, but if you want to be a part of a community, it's usually expected that you participate to help the community.

What if everyone had your same attitude of "It's already been covered"?  What a boring place this would be.

Also, as has already been asked, if all you want to do is post 1 photo a week on HDBD, why would you want to be a member of a FB group that has the potential to be MORE active than the BMB?  You already don't post much here, so why be in two places? 

And, the solution seems pretty simple.  Participate.  Share with the group.  Join in on discussions, even if you feel it's already been covered.  Who knows, perhaps it's your perspective that someone else will find the most useful and helpful.

Also, wow, we do drama here?  I think A14 is pretty drama free.  It's all those other boards "out there" that seem drama laden.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mother to 16 year old Austin (MCJROTC Sgt., Trumpet playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Air Force Pilot!)
    Proud Stepmother to 12 year old Josh (Baseball playing, Saxophone playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Doctor!)
    Proud Mother to baby Kaylee (Stuffed toy playing, Adorable smiling baby and hopeful Rodeo Princess!)

• Options

I bet they are side eyeing you as hard, if not harder, as we are right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yeah I'm pretty sure you aren't gonna get any support here. "YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK. GOODBYE!"

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker ETA: I'm on iPad/iPhone
  • Options
    DANG IT. You beat me to it!

• Options
    No one is trying to be a mean girl here, but with our real names out in FB it is just going to be more restricted. It is a privacy thing. No one said you can never ever ever in a million trillion years join...it is just not right now. So just get a little more active. There are others on this board who have gotten more active since the FB group started and I am sure it is because they want to join over there. 

TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • Options
    Check it out!!!  We are apparently:
    a lot of great ladies.

So, there's that!!!

But, on the womp-womp front:
    But we are quickly discovering it's for the click of women that can be overly rude to people.

Man, such a backhanded....compliment?

Also, for the record, we need to know who the 'great ladies' are and who are the 'click of women' that are so overly rude?

Discuss...share...please.  :)  I'm genuinely curious, because I don't see a clique happening on this board.  That or I'm just THAT oblivious.

Okay ya'll...I'm out...
    mindy kaling animated GIF

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mother to 16 year old Austin (MCJROTC Sgt., Trumpet playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Air Force Pilot!)
    Proud Stepmother to 12 year old Josh (Baseball playing, Saxophone playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Doctor!)
    Proud Mother to baby Kaylee (Stuffed toy playing, Adorable smiling baby and hopeful Rodeo Princess!)

• Options
    Check it out!!!  We are apparently:
    a lot of great ladies.

So, there's that!!!

But, on the womp-womp front:
    But we are quickly discovering it's for the click of women that can be overly rude to people.

Man, such a backhanded....compliment?

Also, for the record, we need to know who the 'great ladies' are and who are the 'click of women' that are so overly rude?

Discuss...share...please.  :)  I'm genuinely curious, because I don't see a clique happening on this board.  That or I'm just THAT oblivious.

Okay ya'll...I'm out...
    mindy kaling animated GIF

I think a couple months ago we had another BSC complain about "cruelsound and her groupies"  I think they're the mean ones

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    M&MaxM&Max member
    OP - I haven't been super active on this board due to my job but I could never expect these ladies to want me to join their FB group.  If you want into the group, get more involved and get to know these ladies.  It's pretty simple actually...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    M&MaxM&Max member
    M&Max said:
    OP - I haven't been super active on this board due to my job but I could never expect these ladies to want me to join their FB group.  If you want into the group, get more involved and get to know these ladies.  It's pretty simple actually...
    It's a little late at this point for her....she's now on my post-it!
    I figured as much! You can't go pouting and expect people to be like aw poor you, now we'll let you in. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

salsy2012 said:

@salsy2012 I love this pic so much. The gentle paw of suggestion.

It's one of my favorites. I only use it in times of great need/stupidity. (:

photo 1535695_10204084387365984_9025186931759532004_n_zps94c2fa04.jpg

• Options
    poofwokpoofwok member
    salsy2012 said:

salsy2012 said:

@salsy2012 I love this pic so much. The gentle paw of suggestion.
    It's one of my favorites. I only use it in times of great need/stupidity. (:

Kudos on the good judgement of using this gif
    B-)
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    My only response is that I'm not a newbie nor do I post just about myself. I have been getting on here at least 5 times a day since December. I've posted a question twice regarding myself and my pregnancy. I've offered advice on severe morning sickness a couple of times and have become friends with a few beyond on here. I don't feel like I need to comment or post more frequently to be considered a member. I've had a very bad experience with this pregnancy as many many others have to. So i enjoy reading the several posts that is posted daily to remind myself pregnancy is a beautiful thing. But there's also a lot of topics I don't feel like I can offer advice or an opinion on. I also don't post on HDBD because I don't have a full length or even a semi full length mirror. I do post on the Wednesday Ticker Change. I just think it's odd to be told "as a group you have decided" well last time I checked I was apart of the group. And as far as posting the reply. I've already received a response from The Bump. I didn't post a name, screen name or any information regarding the person. So I'mfine there, and I you really think that it was rude of me, you should go back and re some of the resporesponses given to a poster for asking a question that may have already been asked or that you qualify as "stupid". There are all different types of people here, different backgrounds, different situations and different education.
  • Options
    salsy2012salsy2012 member
    edited May 2014
    Momnaof2 said:

My only response is that I'm not a newbie nor do I post just about myself. I have been getting on here at least 5 times a day since December. I've posted a question twice regarding myself and my pregnancy. I've offered advice on severe morning sickness a couple of times and have become friends with a few beyond on here. I don't feel like I need to comment or post more frequently to be considered a member. I've had a very bad experience with this pregnancy as many many others have to. So i enjoy reading the several posts that is posted daily to remind myself pregnancy is a beautiful thing. But there's also a lot of topics I don't feel like I can offer advice or an opinion on. I also don't post on HDBD because I don't have a full length or even a semi full length mirror. I do post on the Wednesday Ticker Change. I just think it's odd to be told "as a group you have decided" well last time I checked I was apart of the group. And as far as posting the reply. I've already received a response from The Bump. I didn't post a name, screen name or any information regarding the person. So I'mfine there, and I you really think that it was rude of me, you should go back and re some of the resporesponses given to a poster for asking a question that may have already been asked or that you qualify as "stupid". There are all different types of people here, different backgrounds, different situations and different education.

QFP

she's baaaaaack.

ETA: I couldn't even read this because of the atrocious formatting. PARAGRAPHS, OP. Fucking learn how to use them.
    photo 1535695_10204084387365984_9025186931759532004_n_zps94c2fa04.jpg

• Options
    Momnaof2 said:
    What? 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm not looking for support about this, I just think it gets out of hand. I chose to continue here because there are great women here and stories. There are some I feel are not my type which I've never commented on or anything. I don't feel like I need to post more to be considered a member or to continue being a member through a fb site. My impression was it was for Aug 14 members to continue beyond here. I do offer support and I'm definitely not an AW poster because I read previous posts and most of the time it answers my questions. There are a lot of women here, everyone definitely does not know everyone. I think it's sad and pathetic to not considered a person a member because of a handful of women don't know them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"