October 2014 Moms
Options

Lactose Intolerant Mommas

I love milk and I kill myself drinking it but I'm getting to the point that its not worth it anymore.
How are you supplementing in calcium?
DD born August 17, 2010
DS born October 13, 2014
Baby #3 due March 2018

Re: Lactose Intolerant Mommas

• Options
    Does lactose free milk work for you? I love that stuff.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JJsMumJJsMum member
    I have to admit, I just take a calcium supplement :)  I got some yummy gummy ones that make me feel like a little kid again!  Every once in a while I'll take a lactaid pill because I want a glass of milk or some ice cream, but I don't do that too often.
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Does yogurt and cheese have the same effect?

A calcium supplement might be a good idea too, like PP suggested.
    imageimage
  • Options
    StaciefacieStaciefacie member
    edited May 2014
    I haven't tried the lactose free milk, and I can eat yogurt but not everyday. Cheeses, milk, and ice cream.. Pretty much anything that is high in some sort of dairy product I cannot handle well.

I can hardly remember to take my prenatal. I just don't want to buy a big bottle of supplements and forget to take them lol.
    DD born August 17, 2010
    DS born October 13, 2014
    Baby #3 due March 2018

• Options
    Kiwi, broccoli, oranges or fortified orange juice, oatmeal, dried fruits, almonds, beans...
  • Options
    I do lactose free milk and a calcium supplement. I am not lactose intolerant, I just like the taste of lactose free milk. 

FTM - BFP: 1/23/14 - EDD: 10/5/14 - DD Born 9/13/14

• Options
    I drink lactaid milk (only thing that tastes like real milk to me) and I take supplements daily.

The dairy wasn't worth it to me.
  • Options
    JJsMumJJsMum member
    jlilly15 said:
    I drink lactaid milk (only thing that tastes like real milk to me) and I take supplements daily. The dairy wasn't worth it to me.
    The dairy isn't worth it to me either, but I've been afraid to try the lactaid milk.  Does it actually taste like milk, or is it just close enough that you can tell yourself that?  I can't stand soy milk, coconut milk, or rice milk, and almond milk is verboten in our house due to nut allergies (although I do like the taste).
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    jazzerzjazzerz member
    Hummus
  • Options
    @JJsMumLactaid tastes like regular milk :)

For the past 5 years or so I have only been drinking almond milk and I really like it!
    Me (31) ~ DOR, Hashimoto's, Endometriosis 
    DH (33) ~ Perfect 
    Married December 2009
    MMC + D&C 05/31/2013 @ 9w5d - Girl with Monosomy

IVF Cycle #1 | Healthy Baby GIRL Born October 19th, 2014

SURPRISE BFP | Healthy Baby BOY Due December 16th 2015!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    egad1980egad1980 member
    edited May 2014
    Lactaid tastes like regular milk. I drink Silk Almond Milk Fiber + Protein and it has 5x the calcium of cow's milk. I prefer it over soy milk and coconut milk. It's creamy with a slight nutty flavor. 

Edit: Sorry, missed the part about the nut allergies. Lactaid is good though. :) 
    Married 10/2009
    Dog parents 8/2011
    Human parents 10/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I agree about the taste of the lactaid milk...I feel like it is a little sweeter than milk, but it is really close. For me it is a way better substitute than the almond milk. I prefer it to the taste of regular milk now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Unsweetened almond milk!  Love it!  But weirdly, my lactose-intolerance symptoms have lessened during my pregnancy. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options

Unsweetened almond milk!  Love it!  But weirdly, my lactose-intolerance symptoms have lessened during my pregnancy. 

I'm jealous of you. Mine increased with my first and with this one it's on overdrive. ): I'll have to try the lactose free milk. I love the regular almond I just never think to buy it. My DD is a big milk drinker. We go through a gallon almost every week.
    DD born August 17, 2010
    DS born October 13, 2014
    Baby #3 due March 2018

• Options
    I do silk milk. It actually has more calcium than milk. I love milk too but it doesn't love me. I also do a calcium supplement.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"