February 2014 Moms

Hair fall!

ShePersistedShePersisted member
edited May 2014 in February 2014 Moms
Not sure if this has been discussed before but I wanted to ask if anyone is suffering from PP hair fall and how bad it is. Also if you experienced it with a previous pregnancy, how long did it last?

I've just started to notice hair fall but it's in HUGE amounts and worse is it's all over LO. I keep the lint remover at hand all the time but he still seems to get covered in my hair every time we cuddle and rock him to sleep.

I know this is temporary and hormone related but anything you tried that seemed to help?

Re: Hair fall!

• I have also had this happen a lot--although I had significant hair fall pre pregnancy, too. I am still BF, but am able to pull a couple handfuls out everyday, and am still shedding everywhere. I hope it slows down soon-or I won't have any hair left!

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• I'm still losing handfuls every time I shower. I'm EBF and LO is 13 weeks... I had no idea BF played into it. I'd love to know when it will stop!
    Me: 25 DH: 26 First-time Mom EDD 2/2/2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    From May 18, 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It lasted for about 4 months when I had DS. He was about 6 months when it finally slowed down. This time it's still going strong 3 months pp. I expect it to take about the same
  • I'm pretty sure I pulled a shitzu out of my shower drain the other day. It is way worse now than it was with DD, but she was mostly formula fed and DS is EBF, so maybe that's the difference.
  • I started losing more in the shower in the past week or two.
  • Thank for sharing ladies. I stopped BFing about a month ago however my breast still have milk in them. I pump occasionally and mix it with the formula as I don't produce a lot anymore. Not sure if it is related

@WildFlower26‌ 10 months seems scary!

@LaurLaurLaur‌ biotin sounds like a good idea. I might look into that. I'd hate to chop of my hair. It's taken so long to grow it.
  • Soap1Soap1 member
    I pull out hair in giant handfuls.  It's horrible.  My hair is EVERYWHERE.  I don't remember how long this lasts unfortunately, but at this rate I'll be bald soon.

• Oh yeah. It started a few weeks ago and I could create a troll mom doll daily with how much hair I lose. .

That sounds like a good business idea ;)
  • I get a couple handful's-worth in the shower. I BF, but really started to notice it shortly after I got the Mirena. Ugh.
  • lihau88lihau88 member
    edited May 2014
    I JUST started losing mine. I had heard about the hair loss after baby, but I didn't realize it would take this long. I am 15w pp and it literally started a few days ago. I was hoping it wouldn't happen.

I wear a black business suit to work and it's quite embarrassing having to pull long blonde hairs from my jacket in front of customers all day. Don't have any advice, but you're definitely not alone!
  • I'm pretty sure I pulled a shitzu out of my shower drain the other day. It is way worse now than it was with DD, but she was mostly formula fed and DS is EBF, so maybe that's the difference.

I am loosing hair too and never had this happen with any other pregnancy. I totally died when I saw your shitzu comment.... I thought to myself I was rescuing an animal when I cleaned out my drain.
  • Between me and my nervous wreck of a dog, our hardwoods look like a rug! Do pre-natals help at all ? I stopped taking mine a few weeks ago. The shedding (mine) started when we started weaning.
  • My head full of hair and my flashy smile were pretty much the only two things going for me at the moment. If my hair goes away I'll still have my flashy smile I guess unless someone tells me pregnancy will make me lose my teeth. That won't surprise me a bit!
  • My hair has decided to do the reverse fall and bulk out dramatically....I look like a yeti and have to have it thinned every three weeks to get a brush through it. I was actually looking forward to the hair fall as a natural thinner for my mad hair
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"