January 2014 Moms
Options

Cerclage mamas..

Anyone that had a cerclage....
Did you have any complications?  Was it a fairly painless process?  Did it help maintain a healthy pregnancy to full term or were there complications?  
My cousin who lost the baby at 20 weeks will have to have one during each pregnancy...she's worried about whether or not this will be the cure all or if there is still potential for another miscarriage. No one can predict the future for her, but I want to try to ease her mind a bit. 
So, was the cerclage successful for you during any of your pregnancies or were there issues that arose from it?  I don't know anyone that has had one or I would ask them. 
TIA!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Cerclage mamas..

• Options
    km_mdkm_md member
    I don't have any personal experience but there is a section of the TTCAL blog (it's in the board header or signatures of many posters) that is about incompetent cervix (IC) and stuff about cerclages from ladies on the board with experience (at least there was when I was active on the board). So that's a resource you might want to look at.

• Options
    km_md said:
    I don't have any personal experience but there is a section of the TTCAL blog (it's in the board header or signatures of many posters) that is about incompetent cervix (IC) and stuff about cerclages from ladies on the board with experience (at least there was when I was active on the board). So that's a resource you might want to look at.

Thanks! Going there now.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Roses87Roses87 member
    Also post this on the high risk board. She should also take P17 shots as well.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    My cerclage played a HUGE part in getting me to term. I have classic incompetent cervix. At 12 weeks, when my cerclage was placed, I was already 50% effaced and a fingertip dilated.

After placement, I immediately went on modified bed rest and full pelvic rest. I had other issues to contend with also, like irritable uterus, but without the cerclage I wouldn't have even made it to 20 weeks.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    I got my cerclage late as this was my first pregnancy and we didn't know IC was a problem. I had mine put in at 22 weeks and was on strict bedrest and made it to 27 weeks. My doctor said that for my next pregnancy I'll have one put in at 13 weeks and should go to term. I've also heard a lot of success stories with cerclages put in early.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Options

I lost my first child due to a IC at 22 weeks. With my 2nd pregnancy and I had a cerclage placed at 14 weeks and went to 39 weeks. My only complaint about that pregnancy was the type of cerclage I had done. My high risk doctor used what they call a "button" to hold the cerclage shut. I DO NOT recommend anyone getting that type of cerclage done. It was so painful and I was on bed rest most of the time because I was already dilating. 

I am currently pregnant again and had a McDonald type cercage put in at 12 weeks and I feel great. I am not on bed rest this time because the cerclage was placed before I started to do anything. I am just not allowed to lift weights or go really tough at the gym, can only walk the treadmill or track. Other than that, everything is good. They want to start me on Progesterone shots just as a precautionary measure next week. Hope everything works out well for your cousin!

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"