Working Moms

stitch fixers...

I know a bunch of people on here have done stitch fix. I just got my first fix last week and to be honest didnt love it. i kept 2 things (a pair of blush colored skinny jeans and a long sleeve gray cowel neck shirt) but i wasnt crazy about anything. Maybe its not for me..i do love to shop, just dont have much time so i do alot online as it is and thought this would be fun. I have been told it gets better the more you do it because they learn your style, etc so I scheduled another one for June to see. Has anyone found this to be the case? I think its such a fun concept, and i did Trunk Club for my husband twice and both times it was awesome. I just found the quality of the clothes to not be great and the styles to be boring. We will see what the June fix brings!

Re: stitch fixers...

• FemShepFemShep member
    I kept 3 of 5 things from my first fix last month. There was a necklace that I loved, a cardigan I liked (but not quite as formal as I wanted) and a fantastic wrap dress. The things I sent back were two tops, one that was too small and another that was too long. I wasn't quite as blown away as I thought I might be, but I decided to continue and see how the next few months go.
  • I really liked my stitch fix and kept everything. Maybe try to give more detailed notes of what you want.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Loading the player...
  • My first fix, I only kept one item- I was not thrilled with the selections. I went on to give it another try, I added more pins to my pinterest board and was much more specific with my requests (no jewelry please, bright colored skinny jeans would be fun, colored/printed blouses are great, etc.). My 2nd fix was SO much better- they nailed it this time. I wanted to keep everything (ended up keeping 3 out of 5 items). Maybe if you were more specific or created a pinterest board, that might help?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @july18bride yes so i sent back detailed feedback, so hoping june is better. what is the pinterest board you created? like how does it connect to the site?
  • I have my own pinterest account with a board 'My Style'...when you go onto your Stitch Fix account under 'style profile' there is a field to copy and paste the link to this specific pinterest board (just make sure its not private only). My stylist even said 'thanks for the great ideas on your pinterest board'.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My first fix was awesome, and I kept everything. I kept 2 from the next one. I wear all of the pieces a lot. I give specific requests and feedback. Both fixes were by the same stylist. I am getting my next one at the end of the month. I don't like shopping, and I had a really pathetic wardrobe, so it's good for me.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Amelia4Amelia4 member
    I did three months of it and then stopped.  I didn't do a pintrest board or anything beyond specific notes, but I only got two pants (out of 15 items) and mostly shirts. Many were not work appropriate, though that is what I had asked for.  Each of mine was from a different stylist and I didn't feel they took my feedback and updated notes into account.  Also, I like a deal so I wasn't happy paying full price if I didn't love it.
    imageimage
  • Amelia4Amelia4 member
    Also, my husband does Trunk Club, which I prefer over StitchFix.  Seems like the pieces he gets are of better quality.  I also like that he gets 10-15 things in each box instead of 5.  And he gets to keep it for 10 days instead of 3.  My stitch fixes always arrived on a Tuesday (I couldn't change the date, though I tried) so I'd have to mail them on Friday and it was always rushed.
    imageimage
  • Amelia4 said:
    Also, my husband does Trunk Club, which I prefer over StitchFix.  Seems like the pieces he gets are of better quality.  I also like that he gets 10-15 things in each box instead of 5.  And he gets to keep it for 10 days instead of 3.  My stitch fixes always arrived on a Tuesday (I couldn't change the date, though I tried) so I'd have to mail them on Friday and it was always rushed.
    we have done trunk club twice for my husband and LOVED it. he kept like 5 items from one trunk and 3 from the other...all good quality pieces, designers we had heard of etc. I so wish there was a trunk club for women. I am going to give this 1-2 more fixes. I am going to make the pinterest board, and then ill see how it goes. Why wouldnt trunk club do women?!
  • I didn't keep anything from my First Fix.  I just tried Tog + Porter, but I may only keep one pair of pants. I have a fix schedule for June to try again, but we'll see. I just have a hard time spending those prices on things.
  • cedenton said:
    I didn't keep anything from my First Fix.  I just tried Tog + Porter, but I may only keep one pair of pants. I have a fix schedule for June to try again, but we'll see. I just have a hard time spending those prices on things.
    What kind of prices do you mean?  I am curious about what others consider reasonable.  My pieces have ranged from $32-$78. 
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"