August 2012 Moms

A tale of two weddings (funny stuff and probably long)

So there were two weddings in my family this weekend, one in the city and one in the country. I will preface this by saying I live in the country, the one in the country was three minutes from my house, however I found the one in the city more my cup of tea, guess it am maturing!

City wedding: DH and I attended the city wedding for ceremony and reception. It was a formal backyard wedding. Suits and ties, tents, wedding decor, the works. The ceremony was pretty traditional and straight forward. After the ceremony there was an open bar in the garage and a jazz band playing. The meal was catered by a food truck that pulled up to the curb. Sounds tacky but it was actually really cool and the food was awesome. There was dancing and cake cutting and just an all around good time. I left feeling all the emotions from my wedding coming back and feeling so in love with my husband. Then we headed to the country wedding to pick up my dad.....

Country wedding: We arrived and as we got out of the truck an old twangy country song was ending and we heard my dad yell "hell yeah!" Oh boy. Everyone was in jeans except for the 40-some year old bride who had on a formal wedding dress with old cowboy boots and a blinged out tiara. There wasn't an open bar but the moonshine was plentiful. Speaking of the moon, some old guy walked up to us and said "y'all look up yonder, they got married on the quarter moon!" to which my dad responded "on the moon?!?". My dad was hanging all over MH, the music turned to Lil John and the bride was dancing on a pole "turn down for what". Another drunk man staggered to me and yelled "what you see here stays here. Woo!!!" After about an hour I had had all I could take, we gathered up my dad and went home. He had the time of his life and I thanked God for improving mine!

Oh and when we dropped my dad off at home he said "y'all go have a good time with no kids at home!" I no longer felt all mushy about DH. He had to work really hard to get me going lol. I mean who wants to have sex when their dad just told them to!
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: A tale of two weddings (funny stuff and probably long)

• SJandVASJandVA member
    edited May 2014
    The first wedding sounded fun. Glad you were able to have a good time. The other one sounds..well..interesting. To each there own.
     Were the weddings on the same side of the family? Were there many guests that went to both?
    victoria5month samantha5
  • KEfam5KEfam5 member
    I had a country wedding, but it was nothing like that one. Yikes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Your post was entertaining to read! :) but I can't imagine being a guest at that second wedding - how crazy!
  • ks3pinkks3pink member
    The city wedding was actually my dad's cousin and the country wedding was my mom's. My dad is not fond of some of the family on his side so he was happy to attend my mom's family's wedding. I have been telling this story all day and watching people laugh hysterically!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOL, I love the bride pole dancing to turn down for what!!!
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"