Baby Names

Not PG yet, but about to TTC #2!

I love this board. I've lurked frequently, and posted occasionally, even after my daughter was born. We are about to start trying for baby number two and of course I'm having a ball thinking about baby names. We are a little bit limited in what we can use because we follow the Jewish tradition of using the first initial of the name of the deceased family member. Some letters we can use are S, G, R, B, A and T. already used Z and P for Zoe Paige.

I'm kinda loving Talia Sage for a girl. Would it be weird to have rhyming middle names?

For a boy, maybe Asher with a G middle name. Unfortunately I don't love any G names for either sex except Griffin- and I've used it on my dog :( I say "unfortunaltly" because the G would be for my dad.

Thoughts?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Not PG yet, but about to TTC #2!

• I love Talia Sage, I think the rhyming MNs are kind of cute, rhyming FNs would be a big no!

• I really like Talia Sage. The rhyming middle names don't both me. I don't think you will be saying both full names together that often.

Are you allowed to use your dad's actual name and not just his initial? That would be my preference. If not, some G names I like

Gregory
    Gabriel
    Garrett
    Gideon

"I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass." Maya Angelou
    ~ Auntie to L: 2013 and Peanut: EDD 11/2014 ~

• Loading the player...
  • Asher Gregory? Asher Grant?

I don't mind the matching MNs too much. It is a little cheesy, but that's okay in the MN spot.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I love talia sage. Typically people don't go by their first & middle same so I don't think it will make much difference.
  • KTZ17KTZ17 member
    G names: Girl - Gabrielle, Georgia, Georgiana, Genevieve, Greta, Gioia, Gemma, Grace, Giana, Gisele. Boy - Gabriel, George, Giovanni, Giancarlo, Garett, Gareth, or Gregory.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Talia Sage is gorgeous. Can I also suggest Talia Sloane?

For a boy, what about Asher Grey or Asher Graham?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Talia Sage is perfect!

Maybe Asher Gabriel for a boy

• I really like Talia Sage. The rhyming middle names don't both me. I don't think you will be saying both full names together that often.

Are you allowed to use your dad's actual name and not just his initial? That would be my preference. If not, some G names I like

Gregory
    Gabriel
    Garrett
    Gideon

This!  How often are you going to find yourself saying both of their first and middle names at the same time? Probably on very rare occasions. I think the middle names are fine together. 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Asher Gage was my first thought, but it also rhymes with Paige.
  • Thank you so much everyone! I love Talia so much it almost makes me wish for a girl, ha ha. I would use my dad's actual name, but unfortunately that name also has a very negative association for me (not my dad, who actually went by a nn). I kinda like Asher Graham, or maybe Gavin, but not 100% sold yet. Also I really hope Asher doesn't become too trendy- we have loved it for years, and it is the actual name of the relative in this case. I already used "Zoe" despite its trendy upswing and want to stay away from that this time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Love Talia Sage! Absolutely adorable. And don't worry about rhyming middle names, you really won't say them together. Although its not a direct correlation, my daughters middle names are one letter off - Jane and June (both named for family members) and I can't think of a single time I've said both their middle names at once.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"