October 2014 Moms
Options

Yay, another celeb wrote a baby book!

WiFiMom2beWiFiMom2be member
edited May 2014 in October 2014 Moms
Total sarcasm... This time it's Alicia Silverstone. While I do try to eat organic food and use mostly organic products, it sounds like the claims she makes in her book are offensive to women struggling with IF and also dangerous (a la Jenny McCarthy). Seriously, will these women just stop? Don't they have enough money and attention by now? I found an awesome blog post, but my browser keeps crashing and I can't find it, but here are a couple others: (ETA spelling)

Pregnancy Ticker
DH and I have been married 3+ years. This is our first PG, and we are thrilled! 
Can't wait to meet our baby BOY, Mateo in October!!

Re: Yay, another celeb wrote a baby book!

• Options
    Ya...I love my children but I'm not going to feed them like we're birds. I'm curious why celebrities think they are experts on raising children? Simply because they have been in movies or on TV? That only means you are good at playing make believe, not necessarily raising children.
  • Options
    Ugh. I'm still stewing over Gwyneth Paltrow's comments last month.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage

Winston is ready to have a little sister!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    She even goes as far as saying that "kind mamas" are less likely to suffer from PPD.  What a load of crap.  ::sigh::  Who keeps buying these books?  

And Gwennie....I have no words for her either.  Or all the other celebs that spew all that garbage. 

And I really don't even know what to say about the people who believe and support them.......
    ~Miss K born 1/8/2011~Miss I born 1/3/2013~2 angels~
    Baby #3 is on the way!  EDD 10/29/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I usually dismiss her as just another crazy quack, but she also claimed her "wisdom" could help "prevent or cure multiple sclerosis" amongst other diseases. WTF. That is a seriously crazy claim, and it made me angry.

ETA: LINK
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • Options
    jalara48 said:
    I stopped paying attention to her a few years ago when she said she pre-chews her child's food.

I think she's quack-y.

This.  That totally grossed me out.  Why on earth would you pre-chew your child's food?  Poor kid.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Don't forget having your baby sleep in a crib is the equivalent to child neglect.
    O14 May Siggy Challenge: Cinco de Mayo
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm with the previous posters. I draw the line at feeding my child like a bird..

My question is, who actually buys this crap?! "Yeah, I need some parenting advise, I wonder if I should turn to Alicia Silverstone or Gwyneth Paltrow? Their famous, they must know it all." WTF??
  • Options
    Wino411Wino411 member
    Who knew yummy soulful sex was the cure for my PCOS?!? And after wasting a whole year at my RE's office, smh... 

Me: 34 DH: 34

TTC since Jan '13

BFP#1 - EDD 3/24/14 - d&c 7w5d

BFP#2 - EDD 6/14/14 - cp 4w2d

BFP#3 - EDD 10/28/14 - It's a BOY!!! - Born 10/26/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    I am guilty of liking the Jenny McCarthy one (I haven't ready any of the other ones that hafta deal with her views on vaccinations but the baby bumps was funny)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Wino411: referring to sex as "yummy" grosses me out! It's such a juvenile word.
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • Options
    Wino411Wino411 member
    @Wino411: referring to sex as "yummy" grosses me out! It's such a juvenile word.
    Yeah, who over the age of 3 uses it?! And I honestly don't understand what yummy sex is. How is sex "yummy"? I don't eat during sex, I'm confused! lol

Me: 34 DH: 34

TTC since Jan '13

BFP#1 - EDD 3/24/14 - d&c 7w5d

BFP#2 - EDD 6/14/14 - cp 4w2d

BFP#3 - EDD 10/28/14 - It's a BOY!!! - Born 10/26/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    Also, I refuse to take advice from anyone who can't use the word vagina:

According to Silverstone, tampons might be making you infertile: “[Y]our chichi is the most absorbent part of your body. Unfortunately, feminine-care manufacturers aren’t required to tell you what’s in their products, which means that no one’s talking about the potential pesticide residues from non-organic cotton and the ‘fragrances’ containing hormone-upsetting, fertility-knocking phthalates that are snuggling up to your hoo-ha.”
    WTF?
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options
    I liked her better when she was Cher Horowitz
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jenndubjenndub member
    If DH ever referred to my vagina as a chichi or hoo-ha I would be repulsed. And could never have sex with him again. And I would be very upset if I ever found out that another person had chewed food and then spit it into my mouth. Ugh.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"