Stay at Home Moms

Freaking balloons!

So much joy; so much sadness. They float, you can bop them around, they can be shaped like animals! They float away, they deflate, they freaking pop!

This pseudo-poem brought to you by my hysterical son and a now headless balloon dog.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

lyingliarliesjoyfullyfoundthechickencoopbumpuser924057[Deleted User]MomIn2013[Deleted User]rosesandpetalsbhuffman

Re: Freaking balloons!

• Lol! We too have experienced the roller coaster of emotions from balloons! Last week at the dollar store the employee offered DS a helium filled balloon. He was so excited and acted like it was the best thing ever. Carried it so carefully in the grocery store next door and was bopping it around, dancing, etc. so full of joy he was. On the way back to the car he went to switch hands and up and away it went. His little face just looked so sad :-( it was heartbreakng!! Lol

• Loading the player...
  • I have a balloon phobia. Being in a room with balloons freaks me out.

I fully realize how absurd this is, to be clear.

If I'm at the ILs house and my niece is playing with a balloon I can't even be there. I have to hide in another room. I cant carry on a conversation. I'm just cringing the whole time, waiting for it to pop.
    Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Xtine22Xtine22 member
    Thankfully as much as dd loves balloons she is ok if the pop. We haven't had one float away yet.

• we always had to let them go. no balloons inside.
  • cjcouple said:
    we always had to let them go. no balloons inside.
    wwwhhhaaattt??? why?
    our house growing up had high ceilings with fans. they didn't want them getting stuck.
  • We've had to leave events because of balloon decorations that weren't for playing with. Meltdowns when the neighbors had balloons tied to their porch. Don't even get me started on balloons...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    sschwege
  • Ugh, balloons! We had a massive melt down last week. I took the kids grocery shopping, I unloaded the cart, and then was told I would need to change checkouts because of a register problem. Being nice an employee hands DS a balloon because of the register problems. DD gets upset but I tell her I will let her get something small at our next stop. Everyone is happy. We get in line at the next place when DS's balloon floats away. Commence massive tears! The employee there feels so bad that she goes to get him another one. But he refuses it and wants his back. Meanwhile DD happily takes the balloon and gets another when another employee with kids of her own sees I have two kids and knows issues will arise. DD is now tickled pink with two balloons, DS is still in tears. DS eventually accepts one of the new balloons and the kids run around the house them. I tell them not to let go of them in the living room because we won't get them back because of the high ceilings. Within 5 minutes of that warning both kids are crying because their balloons are on the livingroom ceiling! Ugh! Luckily the balloons were sitting on the floor in the morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • nonoemily said:

I have a balloon phobia. Being in a room with balloons freaks me out.

I fully realize how absurd this is, to be clear.

If I'm at the ILs house and my niece is playing with a balloon I can't even be there. I have to hide in another room. I cant carry on a conversation. I'm just cringing the whole time, waiting for it to pop.

This is me as well. It is getting better though. I can deal with foil balloons sometimes now. We have balloons at work sometimes and i am on edge the entire shift. One night they told me I would need to take them all down and pop them because whatever they were for was over that night. No freakin way! Everyone fully understood the extent of my fear that night. And i delegated it to someone else and left before the popping begain.
    Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The Mylar ones are fine, but the latex balloons-yeah. Not my friend.

I worked at a craft store as a teenager and they had me do a balloon order once. I honestly thought I was going to blackout. My hands got all sweaty and my vision was fuzzy. After that I had to tell EVERYONE that I couldn't do balloons, which was pretty embarrassing.
    Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • This post reminds me of when I was a nanny.  I took the kids to the park and they each had a balloon.  They were happy as can be running with their balloons, until... the little girl fell and simultaneously lost her balloon.  Would you believe I jumped up and tried to grab the balloon before reaching down to help the little girl?  Figured the pain from a scraped knee was minor compared to the emotional pain from a lost balloon, especially since her brothers were still running carefree with theirs.  Sadly I didn't grab it in time, so it was a bad, bad, day.  I still remember it so clearly in mind, poor little thing! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"