October 2014 Moms
Options

NBR: anniversary gifts?

Hi ladies! I am trying to brainstorm for some ideas of what to get DH for our five year anniversary next month. I know you guys obviously do not know him, but what did you do for your five year (or other ones)? We are definitely going to a nice dinner. I feel like he has everything! I will make him some sort of picture collage of kids from shutterfly, but besides that I'm stuck.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: NBR: anniversary gifts?

• Options

Best of luck with the ideas.  I am absolutely no help.  We had our 1st anniversary on Sunday and since our plan to fly to DC was cancelled by the death of DH's grandfather all I did for him was his laundry (which I typically do not do for him).  

5 is wood.  I think my mom booked a fancy treehouse hotel for her and my step-dad for that one.

This website has some cute ideas too!

https://www.uncommongoods.com/occasions/anniversary-gifts/5th-anniversary-wood 

• Options
    A lot depends on your DH. What does he do for a living? How does he have to dress for work? What are his hobbies?

My DH loves reading, so I bought him a custom desk embosser (the gold one in the pic) with his surname initial in the center, and around the seal it says "ex libris firstname mi lastname". It sits on his desk and all our books have the seal stamped inside:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here's the link to the site:

https://www.customembosserpro.com/desk_model_entry.php?from_page=/index.php

For our 5yr anniversary, I am hoping to find DH a cool old pocket watch (he loves old things).
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My SIL and BIL just celebrated 5 years, I got them a wooden cutting board with there wedding date + initials. I wanted to get them a wooden sign with established date, but they already had one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    As pp said, something wood related would be good. Maybe a couple nights in a romantic log cabin or well, I really don't have any other ideas. But yeah, wood. Sorry, my brain isn't working today :(

• Options
    Does he like cigars? A nice humidor could be a snazzy gift, if he's into that sort of stuff.

• Options
    CNJ4EVACNJ4EVA member
    edited May 2014
    I made DH a Love Book one year. You literally create a book from scratch of reasons why you love him with your own stick figure illustrations (don't worry, it's super simple/easy).

It was great, such an original gift! I had a blast doing it, too. However, it was very time consuming. I'd do it again in a heartbeat though.

https://m.lovebookonline.com/

Edit typo
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Gifts for 5 year anniversary are wood or silverware...
    I would choose something personalized... look at redenvelope.com  they have great gifts for men.
    Or a watch with wood grain on it and engraved on the back?
    Are you able to take a trip? Going somewhere you have never been is a great way to celebrate the milestone.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    duckrduckr member
    edited May 2014
    DH is about as picky as they come. Our 5 year is in two weeks and since it's the wood anniversary I got him this:

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/189525019?ref=fb2_tnx_title

He's been wanting a casual watch for awhile and I think he'll like the uniqueness of it. I got it in the mail a month ago and I'm really happy with the quality.

• Options
    For my DH and mines 5 year anniversary I got him a bottle opener made from part of a Jack Daniels barrel (he loves Jack) and a nice bottle of Scotch whiskey. I think it was called Cedarwood or something like that. But a lot depends on what your hubby likes!
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! Awesome ideas!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"