TTC After a Loss
Options

/|\ November Angels Check-in 4/30 /|\

My apologies for posting a day late this week. Work was hectic yesterday. Hope you’re all having an OK week, and ((HUGS)) to anyone who needs them.

This is a weekly check-in for those who have lost an angel with a November EDD. If you would like to be added to our group, please reply to this message with your EDD and date and stage of loss. Please also tell us a little bit about yourself and your TTCAL journey so far. Those with loss dates in November are also welcome.

As time goes on, it is only to be expected that there will be graduates. If you get your BFP, please PM me so that we can congratulate you properly in the next check-in. Lurking on PGAL isn't something I'm normally up to doing.

General Updates: How are you doing? Any appointments or other updates you’d like to share?

Shout outs: If you aren't listed, we haven’t heard from you for a week or two. Please jump in!

@sarcaztic10, How did it go with your betas from your blood draw last week? And did you decide to call for an RE appointment?
@amanda040, I’m so sorry those betas went up last week. ((HUGS)). How did things go with the second shot of MTX? Thinking of you…
@LesliW, How did you fare on your loss anniversary date? ((HUGS)). I see you had an early BFN, but I’m keeping my FX this will still be your cycle.
@redtwizzlers, I’m glad to see that it looks like you’ve O-ed in time to avoid having AF for your upcoming race. How are things going otherwise?
@mara005, Thanks for your thoughtful PM today, love. You O-ed. Yay! How did your timing work out?
@chicagojackie, I’m glad AF finally showed. How are you this week? Are you still TTA now, or are you off the bench this cycle?
@katydid2014, How are things? GL with your next beta test tomorrow. Also, I sent you a FF friend request.
@bigboneded, Hi, love! I’m sorry I missed your reply to last week’s check in, but it’s great to hear from you. I’m so very sorry AF showed her face. ((HUGS)). How are things going with this new cycle?
@courtney1741, Any progress with your insurance coverage?
@tlc35, How have you been feeling since the D&C last week?
@CrazyMonkeyBear, ((HUGS)) for your upcoming loss anniversary. How are things for you this week?
@Aaren91011, How are you doing this week? I don’t really know much about PCOS…do you have any tests or follow ups you need to do while you are TTA?

Finally, welcome once again to the new members who unfortunately had to join us in this past week: Courtney1741, tlc35, CrazyMonkeyBear, and Aaren91011. ((HUGS)), ladies.

QOTW: Because we have a fair number of new members, here’s a GTKY-type question: How did you meet your husband/SO, and what was your impression of each other at the time?

Re: /|\ November Angels Check-in 4/30 /|\

• Options
    @HeyMrsPotter, I'm new to the November Angels check-in and relatively new to TTCAL (I posted my intro last week).  My EDD was 11/11/14, but I had a MMC on 4/10 with a D&C on 4/11.

QOTW: My husband and I met at my first job out of college.  I was in an all-day training session on his first day and he was hired to replace a coworker, who was like a mentor to me, who was promoted to a different department.  I came back to my desk over lunch to check emails and had a question so I stood up to ask my 'mentor' across the cubical wall and instead of finding him I found my future husband.  Not the best first impression on my part, I was in a rush and needed an answer so I was not too happy that Bruce (mentor) wasn't there and blurted out "Ugh!  You're not Bruce!" in a disgusted voice and stormed off.  Over the next several months he asked me out and I turned him down 3 times because I didn't want to date someone I worked with.  I ended up giving in and we kept the relationship a secret, only telling our closest work friends.  He left the company two years later and we got engaged shortly after that.  Married on 10/14/06.

BFP: 3/9/2014  EDD: 11/11/2014  MMC: 4/10/2014  D&C: 4/11/2014
  • Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    @tlc35, How have you been feeling since the D&C last week?

Thanks for asking.  Physically I feel good and haven't had any significant discomfort.  Emotionally it has been up and down and can turn on a dime.  I was feeling OK on saturday and then the fridge which we just had someone come look and "fix" stopped working and that just set me off.  Now I am dealing ok, my follow up is tomorrow and I am anxious to talk to my doc about the plan going forward but I am dreading the waiting room.
    I am flying out of town for a job on Sunday and will be gone for 3 weeks which was a big part of the reason I opted for the D&C instead of waiting.  That is my other huge frustration right now; that I haven't been able to find a job in the town we live and have to travel to work.

QOTW: My H and I met on Eharmony.  Our first date was the week of Christmas (maybe 4 days before) and my thought was that it went as good as a first date can go.  Our second date was NYE and my sister and her friend got in an actual fight on Bourbon street!  I was afraid I would be guilty by association and he would never talk to me again.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    HeyMrsPotterHeyMrsPotter member
    edited April 2014
    I am loving these all these cute, funny and unique QOTW responses. 

@sarcaztic10, No more needle sticks for you! That's great news. I'm glad you'll be able to see the RE soon. GL with the house stuff -- I hope your renters didn't leave you with too much work.

@MrsKush2014, I'm so sorry for your loss, but you're in good, supportive company here. ((HUGS)) and welcome. 

@CrazyMonkeyBear, I'm glad the depression and anxiety are getting a little better, and I congratulate you for considering seeing someone about it. I think it's really common for loss moms to neglect to take care of ourselves in this way, but it's so important that we not neglect our own well-being. I hope your insurance provides the coverage you need if you decide to move forward. And GL with the studying. 

@tlc35, This emotional roller coaster is not a fun one to be on, and your travel schedule sounds like a lot to deal with as well. ((HUGS)). Hang in there. I hope you get some helpful information at tomorrow's appointment. I would definitely suggest you bring something to keep you distracted in the waiting room, or even calling ahead and asking if there's a quiet, more private area where you might wait. GL.

AFM, the pain from the cyst I have worsened quite a bit last week, so I had an u/s on Friday. It hadn't burst, which is good. But it grew from 23 to 33mm, and my blood work suggests that it's pumping out hormones that are suppressing ovulation right now. I just have to wait for it to dissipate. Otherwise, things are OK. I'm distracting myself with work, spending time with DH, and enjoying my horse.

QOTW: I met DH in college. He was a bouncer at a bar, and I was 19 with a fake ID. He knew my age because he was friends with my roommates, but he said he never told because he wanted me to keep coming back. :)  It wasn't love at first sight, but we definitely had chemistry right away. That was 19 years ago.

edited -- words are hard

• Options
    Hi @HeyMrsPotter! Thanks for checking in. Sorry the pain from your cyst got worse - I hope it goes down soon and you feel better!

@MrsKush1014 - my EDD was also 11/11/14. So sorry you find yourself here too :(

@TLC35 - I totally know what you mean about the emotional rollercoaster. I felt a lot more "normal" the last couple days, but then today I just felt really down in the dumps. I'm trying to take it one day at a time, but like you said it's hard when it can just turn on a dime. Take care of yourself. I hope your work travel goes smoothly!

@Aaren91011, How are you doing this week? I don’t really know much about PCOS…do you have any tests or follow ups you need to do while you are TTA?

I am doing ok this week. I started back at work on Monday. It was really hard to go back and see the pity on my coworkers' faces. They have been really amazing through this whole thing though.  Especially my boss, who I found out also had a miscarriage several years ago. It's nice that she is really able to understand my grief and the process I am going through. She told me if I ever need to just leave when I am having a rough day, I can. Getting back to work has definitely helped me emotionally. It's good to have things to occupy my mind and get back into a routine. 

As for testing with my PCOS, I really have no idea. I posted in the newbie check in yesterday that I wasn't sure what my next steps are medically because I was sort of between my RE and a new OBGYN when I miscarried. Now I am unsure who to see or when. I sent an email to my RE today and asked what testing (if any) he recommended, and if I could continue seeing him or if the OBGYN was more appropriate. It would make me feel better to get some blood drawn to test my hormone levels, but I don't know if that will really be able to inform any treatment. In any case, I am hoping he says I can continue seeing him since he saw me before and several times during the pregnancy. Plus it would be really nice to have that extra monitoring and ultrasounds if/when we do get pregnant again. 

GTKY: DH and I met on Eharmony too, just like @TLC35! He was the first person I met on there, and I knew right away we were a perfect match. We went out to lunch for our first date, but we were having so much fun that we decided to go shopping, and then we decided to go to a movie. It turned into an 8 hour date! We were inseparable from then on. 

Formerly Aaren91011
    Trying for baby #1 since July 2013  -  DX: PCOS
    BFP: 2/27/14 - EDD 11/11/14 - MMC 4/21/14 @ 11w (stopped growing @ 9w)
    TTA until January
  • Options
    LesliWLesliW member
    Hello @HeyMrsPotter‌ ... So sorry that you were in pain. I've had cysts burst and painful!! ((Hugs))

@LesliW, How did you fare on your loss anniversary date? ((HUGS)). I see you had an early BFN, but I’m keeping my FX this will still be your cycle.
    Yes the BFN sucked as always so I'm not testing again until Sunday. I have a feeling AF is on her way...but we'll see. I'm trying to stay positive!
    QOTW: Everyone has great stories! Mine in simple...met DH in a bar. Old fashioned, and classy I know...on my 38th birthday, though!! That makes it better..right?

Me (40) DH (45); Started dating 2-24-12, Married 5-13-13

BFP 3-16-13..EDD 11-17-13.. MMC 4-16-13 Confirmed/D&C 4-23-13...
    BFP #4 6-22-14 EDD 3-6-15 FX for our LO

• Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    @heymrspotter I'm sorry for your cyst and I definitely plan to bring a book tomorrow.

@Aaren91011  That is crazy that you met your H on Eharmony as well.  Mine was my first date from the site as well and we clicked from the start.  It is like we are living parallel lives!
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    mara005mara005 member
    Hello ladies! @HeyMrsPotter thanks for the check in! And I'm sorry you're in pain (hugs))

Our timing SUCKED! FF has us with O-5 & O -3 gah! I was honestly really pissed with DH. I felt like I was doing so much (temping, opks, etc) and he gets a little sick (it was honestly nothing) and he can't do his one Fing part. Whatever, nothing I can do about it now.

Yesterday I donated my maternity clothes, they were taking up space and they would be to big next time anyway. I felt good about it actually, I hated seeing them on the top shelf of my closest.

QOTW : DH and I met in a Yahoo chat room. We talked online for about 6+ months before meeting in real life. Then we did long distance for about a year and a half, seeing one another once or twice a month for a couple days at a time. He is 12 years old than me and British, my father was very weary at first but now everyone loves him and are so glad he came into our family.

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Hi ladies, 

I'm new too. EDD was 11/28.  I took cytotec Friday and have my follow up with my doc on Friday. This is my second loss in a row, so I'm hoping to talk to her about next steps. She said we could start to do some testing once my betas were all the way down, but don't know details.

QOTW- I met DH at a bar. Nothing super exciting. I thought he was cute and moved close. He asked me to dance and then for my number. It's been almost ten years, so guess it wasn't a bad move :)

Thinking of all of you!
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mara005mara005 member
    @littlecookie‌ I'm very sorry for your losses ((hugs)) Welcome to this check in :)

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

What's up ladies? I'm off the bench! Woo. We are feeling great but have some opposing schedules this month so I don't know when we are going to be at home at the same time to have sex but...whatever! ;)

We met online...match dot com for the record. I don't know if I would recommend Match overall we think it was a fluke and we probably would have met anyway--we have friends in common but just hadn't met yet.

BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • Options
    @sarcaztic10 - YAY for your betas finally being low! GL at your appt!

@mrskush1014 - I'm so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board and to this check-in.

@crazymonkeybear - That's a cute story! ((hugs))

@tlc35 - ((hugs))

@heymrspotter - UGH that SUCKS!! I'm so frustrated for you. I hope the stupid ass cyst goes away soon. ((hugs))

@aaren91011 - GL with all the testing. I hope you can come up with a good plan soon.

@lesliw - I'll be keeping my FX for you this weekend!

@mara005 - Stupid DH! Ugh. Hope he can be more helpful next cycle! I love that there's another crazy girl who married a foreigner here!

@littlecookie - I'm so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board and to this check-in.

@chicagojackie - YAY for being off the bench, woohoo!

@katydid2014 - I'm not really super convinced you've O'd yet, you only have a few temps below that CL. Hopefully more temps will give a clearer picture.

My update - yes, I think I did O last week, so hopefully AF will come in about another week, and then I can get my CD3 bloodwork, and then run my race, and have a follow-up appt and come up with a plan to hopefully finally get us closer to a successful pregnancy.

QOTW: We met in high school, DH is Swedish and he was an exchange student. I thought he was the cute exchange student with a hot accent. ;-) We didn't start dating until April of that school year though. After that, it was many years of long distance before we lived in the same country! We've been together for 13 years now. :-D

imageimageimage

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + Cytotec.
    Operative hysteroscopy to remove septum 9/18/13.
    BFP #3 12/24/13. Natural m/c 1/17/14.
    BFP #4 3/20/14. Natural m/c 4/3/14.

Blog   Chart

Formerly known as MrsE07
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• Options
    @Aaren91011, I'm glad your boss is supportive and that returning to work has been a positive emotional step overall. I hope the RE gets back to you soon, and I agree with your reasons for wanting to be under his care. Since he treated you while you were TTC in the past, I would think he'd be willing to resume providing your care now. FX that you get the response you're hoping for.

@LesliW, I'm stalking your chart hard this week. No AF yet... yay! FX for you. And there's nothing at all wrong with finding your spouse in a bar!

@tlc35, I hope the appointment went well.

@mara005, I'm sorry about the frustration with YH this cycle. It's so frustrating when the cooperation you need isn't there. ((HUGS)). Your timing may not have been perfect, but you're still in the game with O-3 and O-5. So, GL! And, congrats on the continued weight loss and donating those clothes. 

@littlecookie, welcome, and I'm so sorry for your losses. ((HUGS)). We have a great group of ladies here, so although I'm sorry you have to be here, I'm glad you found us. I hope Friday's appointment goes smoothly and that you get some helpful information about what's next.

@chicagojackie, congrats on burning that bench! 

@katydid2014, thanks for the FF add, and FX that those lab numbers come back <5.  

@RedTwizzlers, Will this be the first time you've had CD3 BW? You've got a lot going on, as always. Good luck training for your race. And I am so googling "Swedish Men Hot Accent" to try and imagine what young Mr. Red's accent sounded like! Maybe I should do that at home, though... who knows what my employer would think. 

• Options
    Hi Everyone,

I was expecting triplets, due 11/6/2014. We had healthy heartbeats on Mar 27th, and were beyond sad when I went in for a follow up ultrasound and there were no heartbeats on 4/4. I had a D&C Apr 8th. I am going in everything Thursday for blood draws. My levels last week were at 600. I went in this morning and will know tomorrow afternoon what my level is now at!

My Hubby and I met online. We chatted for a couple months and ended up going for drinks on my 21st birthday. We dated six months before moving in together, and six years before we got Married! We have been together for ten and half years and looking forward to getting pregnant in a couple (or a few months). Thanks for all the advice and support!!
        BFP: 2/24/14 | EDD: 10/22/14 (triplets) 
    US (with RE) 3/24/2014 (two healthy HB), US (with OB) 3/31/2014 (three healthy heartbeats)

US (with RE) 4/7/14 No Heartbeats :(  | D&C 4/8/14
    BFP#2: 10/22/14 | (beta  #1 75, beta # 2 219) | EDD 7/3/15 ~*Please be our RAINBOW*~
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T

• Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    My appointment was good.  We got clearance for protected sex and I am on the bench for this cycle and next.

@DenaMaree, I'm sorry for your loss and hope you find some comfort in this group.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    @DenaMaree, welcome to the check-in, and I'm so sorry for your loss. ((HUGS))

@tlc35, I'm glad your appointment went well!
  • Options
    renbeerenbee member
    So this was the response from my RE:

"Dear Aaren,

We are so sorry to hear that you lost the pregnancy. I know that the two of you are heartbroken. Be mindful that depression is common (30%) with infertility followed by a miscarriage. It will be even harder with Mother's Day coming soon. The silver lining in the dark cloud is that you did get pregnant. It makes it more likely that you will have a successful pregnancy in the future.

Stay on the prenatal vitamins and return to a lower carbohydrate diet. You do not need to follow the hCG levels down if they saw that the uterus was empty after the miscarriage and you are not bleeding. After two months we will be glad to restart treatments if you are emotionally ready.

Prayers to you."

He didn't really directly answer any of the questions I asked... But I guess this means he doesn't think I need a follow up appointment for any testing unless we want to pursue "treatment" for ttc which I guess means fertility meds?

I think we are kind of odd patients for their office, which is why I feel weird asking to continue seeing him. We had only seen him once for a consultation, and then we got pregnant "naturally" (just taking metformin). When we went in for the beta draws or ultrasounds the office would always ask us if we got pregnant through ovulation stimulation or ivf, and I'd have to answer "neither" and we would get weird looks. I sort of get the feeling we would be "wasting his time" seeing him again if we don't plan to pursue fertility drugs. I mean that is how they make their money.

Hmm...

Formerly Aaren91011
    TTA until January
  • Options
    renbeerenbee member
    @katydid2014‌ - so glad your betas are low! I too am in that frustrating waiting time to get my cycles back. Hopefully you can try again soon!

@DenaMaree‌ so sorry for your losses. Welcome!

Formerly Aaren91011
    TTA until January
  • Options
    LesliWLesliW member
    Thank you @HeyMrsPotter‌!
    I'm trying not to think too much about it, but it's hard. The BFN the other day bummed me out. I'll wait until Sunday if AF doesn't show! Thanks for the FX!! :-))

Me (40) DH (45); Started dating 2-24-12, Married 5-13-13

BFP 3-16-13..EDD 11-17-13.. MMC 4-16-13 Confirmed/D&C 4-23-13...
    BFP #4 6-22-14 EDD 3-6-15 FX for our LO

• Options
    @denamaree so sorry for your loss.

@aaren91011 I'm sorry he didn't answer your question directly. Did you ask the ob their opinion too? The RE didn't say just see your ob, so if you feel like you want to see him again sounds like it is an option. Thinking of you as you make this decision.
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

• Options
    edited May 2014
    @aaren91011, I don't know much about managing PCOS. But could that be the treatment the RE was referring to? If so, it may not be about fertility meds in particular but about the monitoring, managing the metformin, etc involved in the PCOS. I know that my RE's website lists this as one of the things they treat, so what you're asking for doesn't seem strange to me at all. Did the RE propose a specific course of action for you during that initial consultation? If so, whatever that was, I assume he means that he's willing to move forward with that after the 2 months. 

Anyway, it sounds like the door is open, and you have time to decide. GL to you as you think it through.

edited spelling

• Options
    renbeerenbee member
    @aaren91011, I don't know much about managing PCOS. But could that be the "treatment" the RE was referring to? If so, it may not be about fertility meds in particular. I know that my RE's website lists this as one of the things they treat, so what you're asking for doesn't seem strange to me at all. Did the RE propose a specific course of action for you during that initial consultation? If so, whatever that was, I assume he means that he's willing to move forward with that after the 2 months. 

Anyway, it sounds like the door is open, and you have time to decide. GL to you as you think it through.
    When I had my initial consultation with him, he recommended I do clomid. I told him I wasn't ready for that, and I wanted to see if my cycles would regulate with just metformin and diet/exercise. He recommended trying that for only 3 months, because if I hadn't regulated by then I probably wouldn't. I also asked if I needed any additional testing, and I pushed for an ultrasound of my ovaries to check for cysts, since I hadn't had that yet. He said he didn't think I needed additional testing, because I was "definitely PCOS". He didn't even really want to do the ultrasound, but he eventually did and confirmed my ovaries are polycystic.

We left it at I was going to try the metformin for 3 months, and if nothing happened I would come back when we were ready for clomid. But then I got pregnant. To be honest I don't really even love this RE - I was going to look for a different one if we were going to pursue treatment. 

Ugh I just hate not having a doctor right now that can help me. I'm a very type-A person, so having no "plan of action" just irks me. I don't think there's really anything a doctor could do for me though.

Formerly Aaren91011
    TTA until January
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @aaren91011, I don't know much about managing PCOS. But could that be the "treatment" the RE was referring to? If so, it may not be about fertility meds in particular. I know that my RE's website lists this as one of the things they treat, so what you're asking for doesn't seem strange to me at all. Did the RE propose a specific course of action for you during that initial consultation? If so, whatever that was, I assume he means that he's willing to move forward with that after the 2 months. 

When I had my initial consultation with him, he recommended I do clomid. I told him I wasn't ready for that, and I wanted to see if my cycles would regulate with just metformin and diet/exercise. He recommended trying that for only 3 months, because if I hadn't regulated by then I probably wouldn't. I also asked if I needed any additional testing, and I pushed for an ultrasound of my ovaries to check for cysts, since I hadn't had that yet. He said he didn't think I needed additional testing, because I was "definitely PCOS". He didn't even really want to do the ultrasound, but he eventually did and confirmed my ovaries are polycystic.

We left it at I was going to try the metformin for 3 months, and if nothing happened I would come back when we were ready for clomid. But then I got pregnant. To be honest I don't really even love this RE - I was going to look for a different one if we were going to pursue treatment. 

Ugh I just hate not having a doctor right now that can help me. I'm a very type-A person, so having no "plan of action" just irks me. I don't think there's really anything a doctor could do for me though.

Ah, I see what you're saying, @Aaren91011. Because RE's are sepcialized endocrinologists, and endocrinology in general is a field dealing with hormones and metabolism, I've always assumed RE's would be really well suited for helping with something like PCOS. But it sounds like yours didn't offer much besides Clomid. I'm sorry that's been a disappointing relationship so far. Maybe consider talking to your OB again? As for wanting future access to the benefit of early pregnancy monitoring that's available under  an RE's care, have you asked whether your OB could provide that kind of support next time, given your loss history? 

If it's any comfort, you're not alone. I thought of you when saw this thread pop up on the board today:
  • Options
    renbeerenbee member
    Thank you so much for taking the time to respond @HeyMrsPotter. That's definitely a good idea to talk to my OB more about it. I'm not sure if my OB would offer more monitoring after one loss, but it's worth asking. Thanks for linking that other thread too - I have been following it and it's good to know I'm not along in these concerns! From talking to a few doctors now it seems like there isn't a lot of agreement about PCOS and miscarriages. 

Formerly Aaren91011
    TTA until January
  • Options
    I'm new here too. I've been lurking and thought I would introduce myself here. My EDD was 11/26/14. I was measuring little behind at 7 weeks, but we saw the heartbeat. We went back a week later and was even more behind, but heard a strong heartbeat. A week later, there was no heartbeat. I had a d & c that day on 4/23/14. We're still struggling a lot with this heartbreak, but want to be ready to start trying as soon as possible.

QOTW: My best friend from growing up introduced me to my husband when we were 19. She had gone to high school with him and actually went on a few dates with him, but then they were friends. She insisted that we would be great for each other. I wasn't sure at first, but she was absolutely right. We got married 10/10/09.
    Married 10/10/2009
    MC 4/23/2014
    BFP 8/1/2014, expecting our rainbow on 4/12/2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome, @cfl101009. I'm so sorry for your loss. We share a loss date - mine was 4/23 last year. ((HUGS)). 
  • Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    Welcome @cfl101009 this checkin has been helpful for me so far.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    Hi, I'm new here and actually heard about this board over in the October loss board. I hadn't been seeing many ladies going thru a loss in my Nov birth group, so I decided to start looking around. Last Thursday (4/24), went in for a 9week ultrasound but found out that the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. Because I am a nanny, I decided that a D&C would be the way to go, not having to worry about naturally miscarrying at work. It was a total shock and I learned what I had was a MMC. I had the procedure on Monday (4/28) and I am physically fine, just a little cramping and spotting. Emotionally, I think I'm in a place of denial or fake acceptance. I went back to my Weight Watchers group today and just sat there in a daze, saying to myself, "I shouldn't be here,I should be at home feeling nauseous and pregnant." I know it'll be a long road of flip flopping emotions and some physical patience to get back to a normal cycle...I'm glad this place exists as its been my saving grace. QOTW: my fiancée and I have been together for 2 years. We met via eharmony and it was love at first sight for me. I never believed my girlfriends when they talked about love at first sight, thought it was just silly. But it happened to me and I'm happiest I've ever been, minus our recent loss. He actually proposed on our 2nd anniversary, the same day we found out we were pregnant! Happiness mixed with sadness...
    Me:40  DH:42
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC since 12/2013
    BFP #1: 3/22/2014 EDD 11/27/14; MMC/D&C 4/28/14
    BFP #2 : 11/27/2014 EDD 8/7/2015, MMC diagnosis 1/5/15, NMC 1/7/15...loss due to Trisomy 3 
    Benched pending RE test results
  • Options
    Hey Ladies,
    I am new...
    EDD was Thanksgiving 11/27
    Lost our baby 4/09 at exactly 7 weeks.

Our story :
    High school sweethearts that got married a year ago. We have been together 7 years. After my husband got a new job we decided we ttc. Found out we were expecting on our first anniversary... Yayyy!! Everything was going really well baby seemed healthy and on track. Then unfortunately started spotting Wednesday night and woke up to a lot of blood in the morning. Was rushed to the hospital and waited 5 hours to have them tell us they couldn't find the baby. After 3 days and a variety of tests we got the call we had lost the baby. I never wanted to hear those words. After prayer and talking to both my husband and my doctor we decided we want to try again as soon as we can. My doctor recommended 1-2 cycles.
    Love this forum and reading all your ladies stories. Helps me realize we are not alone and all our little angels are playing together!
  • Options
    @HeyMrsPotter‌ thanks for the check in! Goodness, our little group is (sadly) growing.Welcome to our new members (((hugs))). I am loving reading these stories of how did you meet.
    I had a crappy week at work. I am getting a formal reprimand for two separate events in the same week. I am told it is not a big deal, just be on my best behavior and it will go away after my probation (18 months left of that). Ha, doc thought moving was stressful and kept B.F.P away- nothing like the anxiety of not being perfect at work everyday. I really love my job, just not loving mgt right now.... got a referral to the RE, trying Clomid and mucinex this month. We should be in the same zip code for window, so that will help ;-)
    QOTW: we were both active duty nurses in Germany, he worked on a different floor. I went looking for a friend, who wasn't there and then sighed dramatically and said, "That's it! I am putting in my 11 1/2 month notice right now, and I mean it this time." He thought I was pretty and hilarious.... so I caught his eye enough that he was willing to dance with me a couple weeks later (he hates dancing) and he talked me into letting my hair down and he was impressed. For my part, I couldn't chase him off! He's very cute and I love his family, so it's been a good match :-), lucky for me, because none of my online dating turned out so well as the other ladies :-)!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsCeballos‌ Our EDD was Thanksgiving Day as well :(
    Me:40  DH:42
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC since 12/2013
    BFP #1: 3/22/2014 EDD 11/27/14; MMC/D&C 4/28/14
    BFP #2 : 11/27/2014 EDD 8/7/2015, MMC diagnosis 1/5/15, NMC 1/7/15...loss due to Trisomy 3 
    Benched pending RE test results
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @scrang74 and @Mrs Ceballos, welcome. I'm so sorry for your losses. I was due on Thanksgiving as well (of 2013). ((HUGS)) to you both.

@bigboneded, I'm so sorry work is crappy right now. There's nothing like walking on egg shells at your job every day. :( Hang in there. FX that the Clomid and mucinex are effective, and GL with your timing this month.
  • Options
    @scrang74‌ and @HeyMrsPotter‌ sorry for your losses as well. No matter how early it is, it's never easy.
  • Options
    @MrsCeballos‌ so sorry for your loss, but welcome to the group- a very good bunch of ladies here!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"