Baby Names
Options

Frozen

edited April 2014 in Baby Names
Hopefully I didn't miss a discussion about this already, but anyone else think Elsa as a name is going to skyrocket this year & next year?

ETA:
How about other character names:

Olaf- Surely that sounds like more of a dog name...
Sven
Flynn

Re: Frozen

• Options
    I think that will totally happen. That movie is such a hit and Elsa is a cute name. I just wouldn't do it myself
  • Options
    Idani said:
    I think it will some but for some reason I don't think it's going to be as popular as everyone else. It's popular now but Disney will have another new movie soon and it will replace Frozen. Maybe I am just tired of the movie though being I have two small kids and I am wishful thinking .
    I don't blame you! I borrowed the movie from my niece and watched it. I thought it was cute but not as revoulutionary as it is getting made out to be. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Elsa and Flynn for SURE. Olaf and Sven are more of a stretch, but for pets I think they'll be popular. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I've seen Elsa getting lots of love before the movie even came out, so I think it will definitely hit a spike, but then I think it will shoot down quickly after a year a two, and us name nerds will be the only ones using it again.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

• Options

Elsa and Flynn for SURE. Olaf and Sven are more of a stretch, but for pets I think they'll be popular. 
    Ummm... who is Flynn? Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Sven, Kristoff, and Hans. Those are the main characters (I have a 4 year old girl and I have seen this movie too many times). I think Elsa will be more popular for a year or two. Anna seems kind of classic and always semi-popular. I don't see the rest of them becoming more popular at all.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Flynn is from Tangled. 
    BFP 8/9/2014
    Baby Boy wolowizard due 4/14/2015
    Greyson Robert
  • Options
    Flynn is from Tangled. 

Leap08 said:

Ummm... who is Flynn? Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Sven, Kristoff, and Hans. Those are the main characters (I have a 4 year old girl and I have seen this movie too many times). I think Elsa will be more popular for a year or two. Anna seems kind of classic and always semi-popular. I don't see the rest of them becoming more popular at all.
    I second guessed myself when I typed it! But I got all of the names from this site: https://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Frozen_characters . I couldn't remember all of their names so I had to assume it was legit.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet ;)
  • Options
    I actually really like the name Olaf.  It always makes me think of this poem https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/i-sing-olaf-glad-and-big 
  • Options
    shannmshannm member
    I met an 18 month old girl named Elsa.  I told her mom that the name was pretty and she jumped right back and said "I named her before Frozen came out!"  I chuckled and said, I know, don't worry.  She paused and said that it gets worse.  Turns out her 15 yo daughter is Anna and is mortified because everyone keeps pointing out that they have Frozen names.
    Poor thing.  Hopefully in two years, no one will care.
  • Options
    anniessanniess member
    edited May 2014
    I've loved Olaf, Hans, and Elsa long before Frozen, and was slightly sad to see them in the movie because of popularity. I've got a think for Scandinavian names :)

When Despicable Me came out, I started meetin more Agnes', Edith's, and Margot's, but there still aren't THAT many.
    imageimage image
  • Options
    I have both an Elsa and a Hans in my kindergarten class.

• Options
    Elsa was on my list long before Frozen came out...and it still is.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    shannm said:
    I met an 18 month old girl named Elsa.  I told her mom that the name was pretty and she jumped right back and said "I named her before Frozen came out!"  I chuckled and said, I know, don't worry.  She paused and said that it gets worse.  Turns out her 15 yo daughter is Anna and is mortified because everyone keeps pointing out that they have Frozen names.
    Poor thing.  Hopefully in two years, no one will care.
    How ironic! Its kind of unfortunate but yet cute at the same time :)
  • Options
    Elsa was on our list before the movie. It falls into the classic old lady names. I love it.
    But so over the movie and its soundtrack
    Married my best friend on 5/14/05
    Three Girls: Bits 2/08  Biscuit 10/09 & Sweet Chuck 2/12
    One Favorite son: Suishy Smalls 6/14
    And another Princess coming 7/16
  • Options
    Elsa seemed to be trending before the movie but I imagine it will spike even more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"