Working Moms
Options

Major rainstorm vent

So it is pouring here, like cats and dogs. DH discovered water leaking through our ceiling in the dining room. First we thought it was coming from the upstairs bathroom, but after opening up a hole In the ceiling and then investigating in the attic, the water is actually dripping down a vent pipe in our roof. We called the roofing company that replaced our roof and found out some great news (sarcasm). 1. Our warranty expired in January. 2. It will be 7-10 days before they call to Schedule someone to come out. So we tied some rags around the pipe in the attic to absorb the water for now at least.
Also I am worried that we will have road flooding. My work is on the opposite side of the creek from home and daycare. Thank God DH is at home so he can go get the children if I get stuck here.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Major rainstorm vent

• Options
    I guess so. We were hoping we might be able to negotiate a deal with them since they did the roof and are thus responsible for the problem.

• Options
    thedashthedash member
    edited May 2014
    I love it that when I Iook at this thread the bump shows me an advertisement for a roofing company at the bottom!
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would put a tarp around it, possibly even get some roofing caulk and put some around the pipe for now. Also a bucket inside where it is leaking. That would be until they get there and fix it.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  

• Options
    @PrivacyWanted‌ thanks that is a great idea!
    Luckily the problem seemed to stop once we tied the rags around the pipe in the attic. The rainstorm is over now. So I don't think well have anymore leaking until we get it fixed. The roads were flooded last night and I just barely made it to daycare in time. Even this morning there were some road closures. Everything is reopened now.

• Options
    SoMoNYSoMoNY member
    How old is the roof?  If fairly new then flashing wasn't done right.
    I'd be on their add to come do that repair asap.

We have a high water table, kid you not my back yard is a swamp from all this rain.  Between the snow and rain there should be no drought problems for some time by me.

• Options
    SoMoNY said:

How old is the roof?  If fairly new then flashing wasn't done right.

I'd be on their add to come do that repair asap.

We have a high water table, kid you not my back yard is a swamp from all this rain.  Between the snow and rain there should be no drought problems for some time by me.

Yea the roof is not old. We had the whole roof replaced in Jan 2011.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"