October 2013 Moms

new strain of flu

when we had LOs 6 mo appointment our pedi mentioned there was a flu shot available for the new strain. She said it was pretty late in the season to get it, but it was available. Did anyone get this "new" flu shot for their LO, or themselves?

Re: new strain of flu

• Lee81Lee81 member
    Lia1303 said:

We just had our 6 month and the pedi didn't even mention it.

Same.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know about a "new" strain, but LO got a flu shot at her 6 month appointment.  But that was almost a month ago since she's one of the older ones here.  Her doctor said they still had kids coming in with the flu and it was still going around.  

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
  • Loading the player...
  • Lia1303 said:

We just had our 6 month and the pedi didn't even mention it.

+1

• Pedi didn't even suggest the flu shot at the 6mo appointment.  I'm pretty sure I would have denied it, anyways, as we are late into the season.
    photo 2465-1_zps83b1ff09.jpg
    Married 6/26/10  TTC 1/13  BFP 1/31/13   Wills born 10/9/13
  • really?! hmm... we chose not to as well @kdevin27‌ for the same reason. I'm assuming maybe that's why others weren't asked.
  • We got one at DS's 6 mo appointment his pedi said she had just diagnosed someone with it earlier that week. I don't know about a new strain though. We go back next week for his 2nd shot and then she also mentione that around 1 year he will get another one to prevent for that season.
  • Our pedi mentioned it at her 6 month at the beginning of April.  He kind of said the same thing -- it's available but kind of late in the season and therefore may not be necessary.  We didnt get it.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We just had our 6 month appointment yesterday and yes, LO got the flu shot. The office said they've had a bunch of kids come in with the flu that has required hospital stays. #nobodygottimefordat so I said yes to getting the flu shot.
  • We typically don't get the flu shots. I always got bad reactions when I used to get them.  I've never gotten the flu.  Both time I thought I may have it, it turns out that I was pregnant!   Pedi mentioned it at the 6 month appointment and asked if we wanted it, and I declined.

• Haven't been told about it. If it was a huge important shot, the military will stab me with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• They mentioned it, we declined. DS is currently sooo sick I don't know what to do I feel terrible. Not saying it's the flu but it does still suck to see him like this.
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"