July 2014 Moms

Gtky:after baby

2»

Re: Gtky:after baby

• I am mostly looking forward to having an outside baby!  I am just not a big fan of being pregnant in general.  I knew this going in. 

Other than that, I can't wait for (in no particular order):

Wine and cocktails
    Sleeping comfortably
    Being able to take a deep breath
    Advil
    Bending over/squatting comfortably
    Seeing DD as a big sister
    No more maternity clothes
    Using my muscle stim machine again

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Selfishly: Wearing non-maternity clothes, eating without heartburn, lots of wine and beer (well in small amounts because of BFing), sleeping without pain, not waddling, and losing weight.

But really I'm just excited to snuggle my baby :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • Being able to go regularly without Colace's awesome help.  Not feeling like a balloon in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  Not getting poked in the ribs for a good 45 minutes after I wake up to poee at 4 AM.  Being able to think of the right word to use at the right time (hubby loves to give me a hard time about that particular aspect of pregnancy brain...)

• tealowl said:
    BPer said:
    Getting my body back.  

Oh, and being able to take my Xanax again.  And booze.

...not together...mostly.

** Quote Fail**

Do you wanna hang out sometimes?

I'm coming too!

imageimageimage
  • The adorable newborn photos.

And sushi.

• 1.  All the baby stuff
    2.  Not getting winded when I walk to the mailbox
    3.  BOOZE!

DSC_0111DSC_0036

DS Born 4/7/2011
    DD Born 7/14/2014
  • Being able get comfortable, sushi, the end of random people touching my belly.
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • snuggles, wine and getting to spend time with DD1 during the summer! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

image image
  • Sleeping on my stomach. Beer. Wine. All the annoying people at work asking everyday "how are you feeling, do you need help, should you really be doing that" stopping! And baby of course!
  • That newborn smell & a Red Bull.

• Bud Light Lime by the pool and sangria!  I am also looking forward to watching DH be a daddy.  He's an excellent dog dad, so I'm sure its going to melt my heart to watch him be a dad to a tiny human.

And since I'm on day 1 of my beetus diet, I'm now counting down to cake.
    //

::formerly csmith - regular/lurker since Nov13:: 
  • ahjahbaba said:
    I can't wait for SUSHI! I plan on eating my weight in philly rolls
    I also can't wait to snuggle with my new little one
    You can have philly rolls now. Typically they are made with smoked salmon and as long as you go to a reputable sushi restaurant everything is fine. Most states require that raw fish be flash frozen which kills parasites and bacteria.
    image.
  • Not being so exhausted/sore anymore, getting to actually bring home our twins, seeing DD meeting and playing with them, and just experiencing having twins and our family all together and complete.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I can't wait to bring the baby to my favorite brewery and have a sampler of beers. Is that wrong? Also, to be free of heartburn.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Right now all I can think about is a solid 8 hours of sleep where I don't wake up to pee, take a tum, or readjust. I know it'll be while before LO sleeps through the night but it will be more rewarding to wake up to a baby than to my full bladder or pounding heartburn.

I could also really go for a great margarita.
  • bluebird1109bluebird1109 member
    edited May 2014
    Getting back into shape and being able to breathe again! I also really miss sleeping on my stomach and lately I have been dying for a mojito. 

Bringing home the baby and just having him in my arms is a big one. I am looking forward to family snuggle time!! :)  I am a big snuggler. 

image    image    

• Meeting DS2, watching how DS1 interacts with DS2, not having hip pain when I'm trying to sleep... beer and CARBS
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Insane amounts of caffeine and my energy back.
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image

• edited May 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • chubby baby rolls! putting my little girl in all these ridiculously cute outfits!

being able to breathe when i walk up a flight of stairs, a beer, going back to being a pescetarian, 
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Having a baby sleep on my chest, the first everythings (giggles, words, crawling, walking...), seeing my son interact with his baby brother, and being a SAHM again for a little while. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am another that is looking forward to NOT being pregnant anymore.

But also really excited to see DD with the baby.  She is SO excited to be a big sister!

Being home with my lovies for a whole year!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm sick of being pregnant, so I am looking forward to having the baby maker shut down and enjoying sex again!

Being able to take a Xanax if I want (assuming I'm not nursing), drinking wine, beer, booze. You name it I want it.

Sleeping on my stomach (after the surgery recovery).

Teeny tiny baby buns covered in cloth diapers!

• DEA31DEA31 member
    Not sure what to expert from baby as a FTM but i am looking forward to watching her learn and grow. in the meantime I am excited for a Strongbow, salami sandwich and non double washed salad.
  • AmandaAug506AmandaAug506 member
    edited May 2014

Pregnancy hasn't agreed with me form the start and now this morning I discovered a huge gross vericose vein on my calf.....seriously? As if my body has not gone "funhouse mirror" enough on me, now this...ugh...

I am honestly  just looking forward to having my LO to hold and NOT being pregnant anymore!

imageimage
  • WINE!  I'm so ready for wine, a rare steak with a side of sushi!  Of course all the mom stuff....
    <<a href="http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Ecomom17Ecomom17 member
    edited May 2014
    With baby, I'm most looking forward to breastfeeding and bonding and watching DS be a big brother and DH with another son.  Heart-melting stuff.
    For me, sex that is much more comfortable/satisfying (especially since I can have NO sex right now thanks to pelvic rest), less sciatica/back pain/hip pain, more than a small glass of wine at a time, not being afraid to sleep on my back.  

You all are kidding yourselves about getting sleep.  Waking up a couple times a night to pee or whatever is cake compared to being awakened 5/6/7 times a night to feed, change, burp, snuggle, comfort, change, feed the baby, and if you're not BFing, warm bottles, make formula, change, etc.  And at the beginning nursing takes forever.  Just to give you all a heads up. :)

ETA: Oh, and also wearing normal clothes again and eventually treating myself to some new clothes assuming the baby weight comes off as fast as it did last time. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic imagephoto Candle_zps6cecf456.png 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Since this is my second, I'm looking forward to sushi,wine, and rare steak. Watching DS with his lil brother and lots of cuddles with both my boys! Anxious to see if this one is as good of a sleeper as DS was?! DS started sleeping through the night at 3 mos and before that only woke up for a feeding around 4 am! I also can't wait to get back into my full runs! This having to cut my workout back a bit has been tough!
  • ChrisBChrisB member
    Ambien.
    Chilly glass of wine.
    Maybe a joint.
    Raucous sex with DH without the bump shoving his way in.

My thoughts exactly, but I would have to trade ambient for liquid advil and the wine for cold beer, and definitely a joint. I can't wait to have a fire in our backyard and enjoy a few drinks.
  • More than anything, as cheesy as it sounds: being a mother. Watching SO be a father to our baby girl (its already so adorable how he talks to my bump and plays her songs- a side of him I've never seen and LOVE
  • For me: sushi, sexy time, alcohol in any form, being able to get a running at me hug from Seamus without him bouncing off pregnant belly, sleeping more than 15 minutes in a position of my choice, getting fit, and everything that comes with being unpregnant.

I'm really looking forward to meeting this little booger, breast feeding, seeing my sin in his big "brudder" role, and my huge hubby holding another itty bitty...melts my heart!

Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• So I'm just gunna be a big repeat of you ladies but I'm so ready to be able to run and workout hard and get back in shape and meet some personal goals of mine! And I am sooo ready to have sex with DH. Rough sex, boring sex, quick sex, hot sex, bad sex-- don't care! All these restrictions are killing me!

Ready to drink like, a whole bottle of wine by myself. Ready to go out for dinner with the girls and not have to sip water while they get silly. Ready for a freaking break from work.

But mostly just ready to meet my baby girl!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"