July 2014 Moms
Options

GTKY: what's your favorite decade?

Just a fun question since I have little to do today and its dreary out. If you could time travel back or live in any decade or century, which would it be and why? The fashion? The inventions? The history? You can't choose any of the decades you've lived in unless you were born at the very end of that decade lol

Extra points for Gifs and pics ;) GO!

Re: GTKY: what's your favorite decade?

• Options
    I've always been fascinated with the 20's. I love the fashion, the art deco style, the music (big band) the explosion of youth culture, and I find its parallels to the current era fascinating. They were facing almost the same issues that we are today in many ways. We actually had a subtle art deco style all throughout our wedding!

I also love the 40's wartime stuff, and I've always enjoyed studying historic fashion in general, so time periods like the fall of the aristocracy in France following the executions of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette is super cool to me because it's a perfect representation of how visible politics are in our clothing.
  • Options

The 70's! I would be such a disco queen. I had a bunch of disco music cassettes I would listen to in high school, my friends would pick on me, BUT a lot of disco music was used as samples for techno music in the 90's anyway.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageThe 50's. I love the music, the fashion, the glamour, the since of occasion, the cars and how everything was right on the brink of change.
    image.
  • Options
    I'm stuck between the 60's and the 70's. the 60s was just awesome for style and shit was starting to get real. Ppl weren't hiding how they felt anymore and more lifestyles were becoming acceptable.

But the 70's was just a badass time for movies and rock and roll and I'm a huge fan.
  • Options
    I'd love to live in the 1920/30's in Mexico. All my life I've heard so many awesome stories about my great grandma and I think it would be cool to live wiht her at that time.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    I was totally into tie dye and blacklights and hippie stuff when I was little. My mom always said I would've fit into the 60s well.
                                                           photo Loss_zpse03013d0.png      image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    All about the 50s. The 20s are a close second though.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    1680/90s

(If I could be a man)

I would want to be in the midst of great political change, Its the time of Locke and Newton, It's the birth of modernity (whatever the french say) and would love to have seen it all

• Options
    abundancenowabundancenow member
    edited May 2014
    I loved living in the 90's, I was in my late teens/early 20's and the music was great and I was so free and I'd love to go back to those times, but it was also very tumultuous time in my life, so I don't know...
    If I could time travel and go to the Little House in the Prairie Days, (1800s) and live as a pioneer, I know that would be tough as a woman and very physical, but I think I would love living off the land and spending my days living to survive, rather than working a job to pay others to keep me surviving. I like the idea of self sufficiency, although I am probably not physically cut out for it.
  • Options
    I would have to say the 60's. The music was just getting to be riskay, and life was getting to be more on the edge. I love almost all of the songs form the 60's.The hair was amazing. I love love the wigs. It was a lot about family still, but people were gaining more independence as well. Here is a pic of my mom in 72' I believe. She was still 60ish to me. She had the high hair and oh those hot pants. The baby in the pic is my big sister. She's the best, and so is my mama. imageimage

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options

Well now if I am answering the question in the title it'd be a battle between the 80s and 90s.

If I am answering the questions in the post from Jen I'd go with whenever the hell Downton Abbey was set (I know it spans more than one decade), but only if I could live in Yorkshire and have the whole lady's made gambit. I think the first episode is in 1912 and it spans WWI and the roaring 20s.

Not really though because I'd probably be dead in childbirth so maybe in the 50's.

• Options
    I would say either the '40s or the 90's.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"