Parenting

$300 hair dryer

So my sister-in-law bought a $300 hair dryer.  She says that it is amazing and her hair is softer, smoother, more manageable, etc.  

I have always used $15 hair dryers from Target.  Do you guys have a nice one?  Do you think that it really makes a difference?

I will not and cannot spend $300 on a hair dryer BUT I am considering upgrading to a nicer one.

TIA

Re: $300 hair dryer

• I've never spent more than about $40 but the mid-range nicer ones I've had definitely do a better job than the $10-$15 cheapos I used to buy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had always used cheap hair dryers but decided to upgrade to a chi dryer. About a year after I bought it sparks started shooting out of it. I know a year sounds like a long time but I probably used it only 20 times. So needless to say I use the 15 dollar dryers now.
  • The only hair dryer I use is on my dog when I wash him.  And it's a cheap old thing from Target too.  (Really, I want to get him a good one, but they're... like $300.  But they would blow dry a human's hair in like 10 seconds.)
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use a blow dryer about once a year, maybe twice, so no, I would not spend that kind of money one one.

• I keep a blow dryer at work and it is my old one from middle school. I keep waiting for it to spark and start my hair on fire.

I love tit this because, same fear. lolol

• I use a $50 hair dryer from babyliss. I love it.

Babyliss has a ferarri hair dryer. If I had $200 that literally had no other practical use I could put it towards, I would buy one. I worked for a beauty supply company and tried one out. It was amazing.

https://www.babylissus.com/volare/
  • -auntie- said:
    A professional dryer really is different. But you can buy into an entry level pro model for about $100 if you shop carefully.

My stylist did a quick color touch up for me about a week ago, but he couldn't do the blow out because of time (he was doing me a favor). He let me use his dryer so I didn't go out looking scary- OMG- faster, shinier and with way less frizzy endy bits than with my decent quality dryer.
    Really?  Do you remember the name/ model?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I have a T3 Protoge and it's my favorite one I've had. My SIL is a stylist and I got it at her cost for $80. It's faster, quieter, and makes my hair look better (in my opinion)
  • I'm a stylist and I usually spend around $100-$150 on dryers. They usually last me several years. My last CHI dryer I used at home and on clients at the salon. I had it for 4 years. I used it daily-several times a day. I bought a $40 one a while back and it was so not worth the savings.sparks, the outer shell started to melt, not drying as quickly, way more frizz, weird smell...

If money was growing in my back yard on one of those money trees I keep hearing about, I'd totally spend $300 on a good quality dryer.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"