December 2014 Moms

Intro.....and anyone else announcing on Mother's Day?

Hi Ladies! I haven't had a chance to intro myself yet....I was on this site for my DD but haven't been on since she was born. She is 18mo now and we are expecting baby #2 Dec 23rd. :) Excited for a Christmas baby!! Hope everyone is feeling good....I have had a lot of MS but we had trouble getting pregnant this time around so I've never been so happy to want to throw up ;)

Is anyone else announcing on Mother's Day? We were going to wait until after my 1st dr appt on May 20th, but we figure since our family is all going to be at our house for MD, we would just announce (to family only) at that time. Plus, if (god forbid) something happened, we would want our families support. Anyway, I have a "big sister" shirt for my daughter to wear but I wanted another cute idea of something I can make for my mil and grandma....something cute and homemade. I was thinking something that includes her footprints and a saying like "2 more feet coming this Christmas" I'm not creative so does anyone have any ideas along those lines? TIA :)

Re: Intro.....and anyone else announcing on Mother's Day?

• Do you have a pinterest account? There are tons of cute announcement ideas on there!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Aww! I'm sorry! But yea the pic frame idea is cute too :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I got this for my mom's Mother's Day present. I cannot wait to finally tell. I'll be 10 weeks!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm due 12/23 as well!! Have my first appointment on the 9th. Yay! Just in time for Mother's Day. We live in different states, so I am sending the moms each a baby book (Ten Tiny Toes) and signing it from the new baby. I can't wait to get those phone calls of excitement!! 
  • Congrats!  I was going to do the whole "I'm going to be a big brother" shirt on Mother's Day but it's my dad's birthday this weekend so I think I'll do it then instead.  My mother is watching me like a hawk and will notice my usual glass of wine missing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are!  Well, kind of.  My parents are coming to visit that weekend, but they get in town on Friday and there is no way I'll be able to hide it from them until Sunday (we're big wine people).  So we're just going to tell them soon after they arrive Friday evening.  We're both a little antsy about how my mom will react (she has never shown any interest in being a grandma), so nothing cutesy.  Just gonna say it.

For DH's mom & step-mom, who also live far away from us, we'll send them Mother's Day cards with a photo of the first ultrasound (scheduled for tomorrow - eeee!).  They are both dying to have more grandchildren and ride us about it frequently, so I am sure they'll be shocked when they open the cards.
    BFP on 4.3.2014
    EDD 12.10.2014
    DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

• I'm thinking about it. I've told my family already but thinking about a fb announcement that day, it depends how our first appointment goes.
  • My second sons third birthday party is the day before Mother's Day. It is also 4 days after my appt to confirm. Hubby is not convinced the home test is accurate so he wants to wait to announce until I've had the appointment.
    So we will be announcing at my second sons third b-day party.
    It's so cool, we also announced our pregnancy with our second son on out first sons 3rd birthday. :)I was almost exactly as far along then as I will be this time. :)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image image image image image image
  • I wish! We live out of state from our parents and DH wants to tell them in person so I'll be waiting until the last weekend in May. Won't they be surprised I'll just be I to my second trimester.
  • Welcome!

We announced our first pregnancy on Mother's Day. I had just found out that morning myself. It was a really fun and special day to share the big news.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm planning on giving my mother and MIL framed sonograms. The frames say "sneak peek." I'm so excited! Although, this is all dependent upon how my first u/s sound goes on May 7.
  • Congratulations and welcome! We already told our parents and siblings but we didn't do it in a creative way. We're trying to come up with something fun for announcing to everyone else, but that won't be until the second tri.
    D14 June Siggy Challenge - Favorite TV/Movie Dad: Gomez Addams

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I plan to tell the family on Mother's Day :)

I'm not sure what I'm going to present them with though... I wanted to give them a framed u/s picture but I didn't end up getting an u/s at my 1st appt...

Maybe pink & blue flowers with a card from baby?

"Happy Mother's day Nana/Gma,

I hope you have a wonderful Mother's day. I can't wait to meet you in December!

Love, baby ____"

I hope to see some creative ideas here!! :D

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"