April 2014 Moms
Options

RNP to crib

Has anyone made the transition from a RNP to a crib? My LO is only 10 days old, but we like to try and put him in his crib, so he gets used to it. The only problem is when he's in his crib he gets fussy and ends up spitting up a lot. The pedi said its probably reflux. So were just having a hard transition. I was hoping he would like it because he gets uncomfortable in the RNP sometimes. He has no problem during the day doing play time on his back, only problems with the crib. Any suggestions on how to make the crib transition easier?

Re: RNP to crib

• Options
    It sounds like he needs to be on an incline; put a rolled up towel or blankets under one end of the mattress to incline him; if he has reflux he will most likely not sleep well at all if he's flat.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I second using blankets to create an incline. My LO is 4 weeks and naps in the RNP during the day but sleeps in an Arms Reach Cosleeper at night. We had the same issue with spitting up and not sleeping. I used 2 blankets to elevate one side and she's had no issues since :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    zazu13zazu13 member
    I'm curious about this, too. I have tried the crib and my girls dont like it. If they do stay/fall asleep it isnt for long or they spit up. I think they would be good tummy sleepers in there if I let them, but I'm not comfortable with that. For now I've made peace with the rnp for the sake of my sanity and their sleep. We'll try the crib in a few months.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"