Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

OPK testing time

Does it mater what time I do an OPK test? I read a post a d someone said not to test after 8 pm. I tested at 6 pm on Sat and got an almost positive. DH and I went out with friends and then later I tested again at 1:30 am Sun and got a clear positive. Sun at 11 am my OPK was negative and then around 6 pm Sun it was positive again. Was my 1:30 am a true positive or was it too late in the day to test?

Re: OPK testing time

• Options
    @jefa621, I saw in the other post about OPK's that you said you use wondfo's, right? Quick question...last month was my first time using them and I never got an obvious positive...just had very, very close to one....so what time of day should I be using wondfo's? The instructions didn't say and I'm wondering if I wasn't doing it at the right time! You have success with them, so I thought I would ask you! :)

The clearblue ones I had previously actually said to use FMU which was nice, because I drink at least 100 oz of water a day, so mine is usually diluted if I use urine from later on in the day. Or at least it looks diluted, lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• Options
    I use Wondfos and have the best luck with second morning urine, and once again after I get home from work. No problems catching the surge my last few cycles. I stop after my first CLEAR positive, so as not to drive myself nuts.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do FMU with Wondfos earlier in my cycle, and when I get closer to O I test twice a day: FMU and right after work. I know you really aren't supposed to use FMU with OPKs but I find with the Wondfo, if I get a positive with FMU - it's still positive after work - so that seems to work for me.
  • Options
    I use Wondfos.

I get up 6:15--6:45 for work and pee.  When I get to work around 8-8:20, I sometimes pee again. 

I pee again a little after 11am, and test then.  I go to lunch, then come back and pee again around 1:30--2pm.

11am and 1:30--2pm are when I tend to get my positives, assuming that I'm actually having a surge. If I test earlier or later, usually negative.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    RskiRski member
    I also use wondfos. At first I was using FMU but then I read that I should be testing in the afternoon so this month I have been testing around 5:30 pm. If I'm expecting a positive soon or I get an almost positive I'll test several hours later, usually right before bed. I also read that you should wait all least 2 hours form the last time you went to the bathroom before testing.
  • Options
    I use wondfos as well. I use SMU which is usually around 7:00am.

When it seems like I'm getting close to O, then I'll test again after work around 6:00/7:00pm, but my evening pee is usually pretty diluted so it doesn't always work out.

BFP #1: 3/4/2011 ~ EDD 11/14/2011 ~ DD Born 10/26/2011
    BFP #2: 10/12/2013 ~ EDD 6/23/2014 ~ Natural MC 10/28/2013 @ 6wk
    BFP #3: 6/4/2014 ~ EDD 2/13/2015 ~ b-HCG dropped 6/18/2014, Natural MC 6/20/2014 @ 6wk

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Do any of you pee on the stick at work?

If I have to use SMU, I'll be at work at that time.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10 (born August 2004)
    Married 03/01/14
    TTC#2
    BFP: 05/17/2014 EDD: 1/25/15 MMC: 06/30/2014
    BFP: 01/31/15 MMC: 02/25/15 

• Options

I use my Wondfos at work.  I'm lucky because, in addition to regular restrooms with stalls, we have one private restroom.  I keep one little disposable cup at work, and I can sneak it in there and use it to dip my Wondfo in. Otherwise, ladies here on TTGP taught me that you can use the Wondfo pack as a makeshift cup. I've done that before, but I tend to be messier doing that.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

Someone here used to take the silica gel packet out and actually pee inside the packet. I used plastic cups at work, I had a dedicated pee mug at home.
    I started doing this.  It took some getting used to but I like it better than having a pee cup.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 7/10/2012 .... DS Born: 2/26/2013
    TTC #2: 5/2014
    BFP #2: 7/8/2014 .... MC at 4w4d
    BFP #3: 9/14/2014...EDD 5/30/2015

Little Sister is on the way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"