December 2014 Moms

WTH Wednesday: Rant of the day

So I've been trying to let this go, but my husband and my OB have partnered to keep reminding me of it every day.  They think they're funny, but I'm really getting tired of the jokes at my expense!

At my first OB appt. to confirm our pregnancy, my OB asked if we were planning on trying again so soon and I told him "no" but we knew that they would be close in age because my husband is almost 40 and didn't want newborns at 50.  My OB laughed and exclaimed that 40 is the new 20 for men and my hubs still had time to have 6 more kids.  I jokingly said - yeah - sure - if he marry's someone else.  Then he switched gears and said, but now we do need to talk about your age.  You'll be 35 in July and that puts you at risk given the elderly pregnancy. I was like...you just said my husband is like 20 years younger than he is, but I'm elderly?!?!?!!?  really?!?!?!  Then they hand me the brochures for the extra testing I "should" have given my age and they were in spanish.  I immediately handed them back saying my old a$$ wasn't learning a new language.  I was so upset at the time.

Like I said, my husband and my OB work together at the hospital so they talk all the time.  It just really ticks me off when either one of them mention my age.  I know they're joking and being sarcastic, but it really is on my LAST nerve. Thanks for letting me vent.
You can find out more about me and my crazy life at: http://iamemilyanne.com

Re: WTH Wednesday: Rant of the day

• That sucks.  DH and my siblings to that sometimes and it definitely doesn't help our relationship.  Feel free to vent to us but if I were you I would also vent to your DH.  You don't need the extra stress.  My DH doesn't recognize it when I get pissy over his jokes and needs to be told straight out that it's not cool anymore.  Hope it helped to vent and they decide to lay off.
  • Yeah, just because they work together doesn't give him the right to be a douche about it. I can understand the joking at first, but if its still going on I would say something.
  • Loading the player...
  • thanks ladies - first yes, "elderly" was the exact word used.  and when my dh gets home, we'll discuss it….it's just really been bothering me for days and I can't let it go.  You ladies rock!
    You can find out more about me and my crazy life at: http://iamemilyanne.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"