September 2014 Moms

NBR: Mother's Day Tea at DD's school

DD has a Mother's Day Tea at her nursery school on 5/8.  The invitation was sent home yesterday, and it stated adults only. I have a DS and babysit a friends son M-F.  My problem is that my DH is out of town next week, my sister who lives in town works (she is going to see if she can take a few hours off to help out), my date night sitters are both college students with class/finals, and my closest relative is 6 hours away.  If my sister can't help out, should I keep DD home on the day of the tea, or send her anyway knowing she will be upset that I am not there? There are several families with multiple younger children  and even a few who run in home day care centers.  I know I am not the only one with this issue. Should I say something to the teachers and see what they have to say?  I just feel incredibly guilty......WWYD?

Re: NBR: Mother's Day Tea at DD's school

• Ask the school and see what they say. Surely they will understand?

• If it says adults only I would try to find other arrangements for the kids or I would keep DD home. You aren't the only one with kids home, which you know. Think about it - if there are 10 kids in the class, plus 10 mothers, then they are all bringing 1 or two other kids with them because they don't have other arrangements, it easily gets out of hand. I get it, it is hard for me to do things with one kid and not bring the other and I totally understand the issue. But making an exception for you means making an exception for everyone. Or it doesn't, and then the mom who really scrambled to figure out the childcare issue might be pissed that either they couldn't participate because they were following the adults only request, or that they could have had an easier time just bringing their kids with them.
    image        image
  • Loading the player...
  • carryon23carryon23 member
    edited April 2014
    I understand that adults only means adults only.  I wish I had more than 1 week to figure out other arrangements.  It is times like this I wish we lived closer to family.  Her school is at a church. In the future, it would be nice if parents could set up some sort of childcare during events like this (pay X $s per kid to benefit a charity/the church something).
  • We host a parent volunteer "spa" day each year at my school and we always provide child care for the parents (i.e. fifth graders with a kid's movie on somewhere). I'd check and see what other parents are doing...

TTC #1 Since October 2012
    DX PCOS May 2013
    Clomid 50-150mg- No Response
    Moved to RE October 2013
    Nov. 2013: IUI #1 Letrozole + Ovidrel = BFN
    Dec. 2013: IUI #2 Letrozole + Ovidrel= BFP on 1/8/2014 !! EDD 9/17/2014
    Beta #1 (12 dpo): HCG 27, Progesterone 15 (starting on supplements)
    Beta #2 (15 dpo): HCG 297, Progesterone 29
    Beta #3 (17 dpo): HCG 667, Progesterone 34
    1st Ultrasound 1/28 (6 weeks + 1) Baby measuring exactly as it should, HB 118!
    2nd Ultrasound 2/5 Baby measuring 7w4d, HB 133. Everything looks perfect!
    3rd Ultrasound 4/29 (A/S) Our Baby BOY is measuring perfectly and everything looked great! HB160
    Diagnosed with Pre-E at 36 weeks, placed on bed rest, induction schedule for 37 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 on 7/30/15 EDD 4/7/16 MC @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3 on 7/23/16 EDD 3/30/16
  • Update:  We found a sitter to stay with siblings!! She will be in the church nursery with them!  Over half of DD's class was going to have to miss the tea.  I am so happy it has been figured out!
  • I'm really glad you were able to work it out, I'm sure you will have a great time!
    image        image
  • Glad this worked out for you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"