March 2014 Moms

Thumb Sucker

Maverick is a full on thumb sucker! He's been eating his hands for about a week now but the last 2 days he's totally been sucking his thumb!
Has anyone else's LO started sucking his/her thumb or fingers consistently?

I'm attaching a picture because I can't get over how cute he looks!

Re: Thumb Sucker

• I'm so jealous!! I keep waiting for Cooper to be a thumb sucker, but so far she hasn't been able to find it consistently. How old is he? (I'm mobile)
  • @akflutterby‌ He'll be 9 weeks tomorrow. My sister was a thumb sucker & breaking her of the habit was hard on my parents but I'm looking forward to not having to remember to pack the paci anymore. Even more so I'm hoping this will help him self soothe at night!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes! Found her fingers a while back!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • matiticematitice member
    edited April 2014
    @amdecker1016‌ DH was a fingers sucker until he was 5. MIL said he's sick his 2 fingers & twiddle his hair with the other hand when he was tired.

*oh wow, lol! I meant he sucked not he's sick
  • matitice said:

@akflutterby‌ He'll be 9 weeks tomorrow. My sister was a thumb sucker & breaking her of the habit was hard on my parents but I'm looking forward to not having to remember to pack the paci anymore. Even more so I'm hoping this will help him self soothe at night!

My older two were thunbsuckers, as was I. It was a habit and a half to break, but I'm with you on the self soothing at night.
  • @NorthernLghts‌ When Maverick was going for his hands originally I totally thought it was hunger cues. Tonight however he had just eaten & still went for the thumb. I tried nursing again but he wasn't interested. He ended up putting himself to sleep. I may have cried tears of joy. Lol
  • Mine is just starting to find her fingers. It's not consistent, but when she does find them she sucks happily. I can't wait for the soothing aspect of it as well!
  • DD just found her thumb this week too. It was so cute when I found her yesterday morning sucking on it.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • She's found her thumb 3 times. 4 weeks old. I even got a video of it the one time because she was sucking SO hard! :x 1st picture was the first time. 2nd picture was the 3rd time. Her left thumb is in her mouth and her other hand NEEDS to be right there. Such a character. :)
    BabyFetus Ticker

• NanaCook said:

She's found her thumb 3 times. 4 weeks old. I even got a video of it the one time because she was sucking SO hard! :x 1st picture was the first time. 2nd picture was the 3rd time. Her left thumb is in her mouth and her other hand NEEDS to be right there. Such a character. :)

The two hands is adorable!

• Ds found his thumb once, but sucks his hands all the time. Not sure if I want to encourage it or not. It would be nice to not use a paci, but my cousin sucked her thumb for a long time. I'm talking we were just teenagers and she still would. I'm still convinced she does now at 27.
  • LO is always going for her thumb. I'd rather she has a paci so it's easier to break the habit when older but she sticks her thumb under the paci lol
  • She finds it every once in a while and I swear when she does it's like she's an addict or something. Ha. I was a thumb sucker for WAY too long so we were hoping to replace the urge with a paci...I'm not sure it's going to work.

Anniversary

• I think DD might be a thumb sucker. She sucks on her fingers and finds her thumb from time to time. It would be great for her to self soothe, but I sucked my thumb until I was 7. It's a tough habit to break.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"