Breastfeeding

Tips to dry up fast

My daughter is almost a year and I have decided for personal reasons to stop cold turkey! Please give me tips on drying up fast!!!!

Re: Tips to dry up fast

• Sudafed, mint tea. But be careful going cold turkey - mastitis and blocked ducts are a bitch!
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I'm ready to stop I'm going to try cold medicine too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you ladies know if you should gradually reduce the sessions in addition to Sudafed and cabbage leaves? I'm just wondering if by still pumping plus using the other things will work because one way you're trying to stop but by still pumping your body is still making more. I am willing to gradually slow down. So if I usually do 15min total pumping each session day two would be 14min each session..ect for two weeks probably??
  • When I weaned from pumping and nursing I had to do it one session at a time and it took me a week or two to eliminate each session.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Do you ladies know if you should gradually reduce the sessions in addition to Sudafed and cabbage leaves? I'm just wondering if by still pumping plus using the other things will work because one way you're trying to stop but by still pumping your body is still making more. I am willing to gradually slow down. So if I usually do 15min total pumping each session day two would be 14min each session..ect for two weeks probably??
  • Oops sorry I posted twice...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"