October 2014 Moms

Where is your bump?

Ok, I may be really dumb for thinking this... but maybe not...

I'm starting to get a noticeable bump at almost 15 weeks, but the bump is up by my belly button.  From everything I've read on here, it said that at around 12 weeks, your uterus will begin to pop out from behind your pubic bone... which I thought was like the hairline down there.  

I don't have any sort of bump or any expansion at all in that area, it starts jutting out like an inch below my belly button.  Am I weird for thinking it would start showing lower?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Where is your bump?

• The baby is lower. What is coming out at your belly is probably all the organs being smooshed upwards into your stomach. 

I wish I could find that cool video that showed the progression of how the uterus expands and moves the organs!

Anyone have that handy?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @Emerald27 yes thank you! I have to remember to book mark this.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It's your organs being smooshed, just like @persephonerose‌ said. :) Eventually it makes eating tough because you're ravenous but your stomach is like the size of a pea, and it makes breathing a bit tricky too. BUT the nice thing is that usually as your uterus grows it moves up, and off your bladder! Oh, pregnancy. ;)
    imageimage
  • Thank you!  I've seen that before, but I guess I just thought that the uterus would be more closely to the front, hence, starting to show (I was thinking you would be starting to show actual baby bump and not smooshed organs!)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Holy moly... I just watched the video and had no idea that by 16-17wks my organs are pushed so far up!

• I find that when I first wake up, baby is closer to my belly button, but after even 10 minutes of sitting up or standing, LO has settled lower and is half hidden behind my pubic bone.
  • I'm a FTM and that is good to know! My bump has been by my belly button and I thought I was just carrying high..lol

Married 5/28/2011

TTC since Dec 2013

BFP 2/15/14

EDD of our little pumpkin! 10/20/14

• He's sitting in my lower fat roll :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hey do the both bumps really turn into one bump lol I have a freskin gut then I have where I think the baby is
  • Mine is higher too, but it's mostly because it's how my skin was stretched last time. It's a perfect baby bump… just early because I'm super short and my belly stretches out too easily. 
    p+c 11.6.04  |  +g  2.4.11
     image image
  • Hey do the both bumps really turn into one bump lol I have a freskin gut then I have where I think the baby is

I sure as hell hope so! ;) I'm expecting once the uterus gets to or past the level of the belly button it will at least appear to be one.

• I'm. 16 w and the top of my uterus is right at my belly button
  • Justabean3Justabean3 member
    edited April 2014
    If I hold my tummy in you can see the outline of my uterus much lower (it's hard as a rock) but if I just relax my bump looks much higher bc of guts and stuff.imageimage
  • Love that video! So cool! I want to show everyone. And @justabean3 -- thank you for showing your belly! That makes me feel a lot better and makes everything make a lot more sense. 

imageimageimage
  • It's hard for me to tell. I had a lot of bloat trouble before I was pregnant, and that has continued, so I just look generally rounder than before.
  • I thought it was impossible too for baby to be up very high, but I went for my u/s last Friday and baby is a little under my boobs. She is sitting up breeched and the technician said that she was right where the doppler was on my belly. 

I do have a super short torso so maybe that is part of it, but I wouldn't rule it out. It makes sense for me since I don't have a lot of torso room for the baby and I'm starting to pop higher.

• At my MW appointment last week at 15w, she felt and said my uterus was 2-3 finger widths below my belly buttons, and found the hb with the doppler just a little lower than that. My bump is higher up too!
    TTC Since August, 2013
    BFP#1 11/2/2013 EDD 7/14/2014 MMC discovered at 8w3d (baby stopped growing at 6w2d)
    BFP#2 2/4/2014 EDD 10/15/2014 please stick little one!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"