October 2014 Moms

Heat Stroke in 60 Degree Weather...

So, I work in a school and my room is over the boiler, since there is still a chance of 30s at night, they will not turn the heat off. My classroom was 92 Degrees yesterday!!! (after I opened the windows which we are technically not allowed to do...it was 96 before.) I got dizzy and flushed and had to be monitored in the nurses office until I was safe to drive home!!! Not safe for a pregnant lady! I have been asking for help with this room for years, and now that I'm pregnant, they may actually do something. Yay?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

baby development

Re: Heat Stroke in 60 Degree Weather...

• That sounds horrible!  I hope they figure something out for you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Wow. They need to fix that fast or switch your room.

I'm sure you're doing it already, but make sure you're drinking lots and lots of ice cold water.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Yuck! I can not stand being hot.  I get so sick from it.  I hope they get things figured out for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• Ugh, that sounds terrible!  Hopefully they will get a move on with getting it taken care of for you.
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • That is a nasty situation! It's getting into the upper 80s here, so I've had to stop going out of the office for site visits already. I spent several hours outside on Saturday and it wiped me out for the rest of the weekend.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Be very careful with that. I get them a lot without being pregnant. I am scared for this summer. Triple digits + car sitting in the sun. Hopefully I can get it worked out that I won't have to be in the heat for.long periods of time.
    Praying they get this worked.out for you quickly.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I worked at a university during my last pregnancy, had a similar problem. All winter long it was so hot I would get to the office, strip down to a t-shirt, pants and flip flops, then re-dress before walking to my car in the snow… The HVAC guys would stop in our room, check everything and declare it was working fine. One day I finally stomped out of my area, red faced, swollen and pissed - they fixed it. Asshats. 

Hope they get it fixed, especially being on your feet (I'm assuming here) it's just too much.
    p+c 11.6.04  |  +g  2.4.11
     image image
  • I'm dreading this TX summer. I've already had a few dizzy spells because of the heat

• That sounds terrible! FX they take care of that quickly.

• Thanks guys! Magically my room is now 67 (I love it!) Only took 5 years and a pregnant lady being sent to the nurse and forced to go home!

baby development

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"